Seven.

To say the least, I felt terrible. I really do care about Mac, a lot, but when it comes to Gerald, I just can't help myself. I mean, look at him. Especially in the suit, damn.

"Stop
Arianna." I whispered to myself.

Toby glanced up at me.

"You ok Ari?"

"Huh? Yeah." I nervously chuckled.

We sat in our assigned seats, middle front row. Yes, I got to see the man who I'm in love with look into the blonde haired devils eyes and talk about how much he loves her, sealing it with a kiss just a few feet away from me. How exciting! Gerald grabbed Diana's hands

"Diana. From the moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew. I whisper to myself "That's the one. That's the one I want to spend my life with."

I roll my eyes so far back.

"And then you made me the luckiest man alive by agreeing to be my wife. Diana, my darling, we've been through it all. You've seen my company rise and fall and rise again. I know we're going through sort of a rough patch right now but.. I will never ever stop loving you."

I slouched down, crossing my arms.

"You're my person, Diana. The love of my life. I vow to being the best possible husband I can to you."

He leaned in for a kiss.

"Ah ah ah. Not yet." Interrupted the preacher.

I sighed in relief. Diana quickly glared at me then focused back on Gerald.

I tuned out Diana's vows, as I do anytime she opens her mouth. Something about how she loves him and the car he bought her blah blah blah. The typical Diana gold digger talk.

But how I wished I was up there. He's looking at her like I look at him, and she's looking at him like she looks at money. She doesn't love him. She never did. It's not fair that she gets to be up there with him. Kissing him. She gets to go home with him. With their wonderful children.

I got snapped back to reality when Ashlynn started shaking my arm.

"ARI ARI ARI!!! Can we go get cake!!?!?!!" She jumped up and down.

I smiled at her. "I don't see why not." I got up and walked to the table with them. 

I grabbed two slices of cake and sat them down at the table where Gerald was sitting.

"Okay, sit with daddy for a minute, I'll be right back."

I made my way to the ladies room but before i could open the door all the way I heard Diana's voice in a hushed tone.

"No, no. Listen Mark. I'll be there soon. I just got to get through this stupid fucking vow renewal and then I'm all yours."

There was a pause.

"I've already fucking told you why I had to renew them. It's all part of the plan baby. Trust me, we'll be together soon, and we'll be richer than ever.... wait... I think someone is coming in, I shou-"

And with that, I fucking ran to the table.

"GERALD I need to talk to you."

"Go for it."

I looked behind me and saw Diana slowly approaching the table.

"No, outside please."

He stood up and walked toward me.

"Where are you going?" Diana spat out when she finally got to the table.

"I need to run the the car with Arianna so I can grab my checkbook to pay her."