13-Storming

-A Long Time Ago-

"Oh come on Rune! Please? Just consider it, maybe it's for the best? Just think about it, all the money that you could receive-"

"I'm not selling my body Abdul, no matter how much I could possibly earn with it."

My childhood friend blew an exasperated raspberry, rolling his eyes dramatically. His yellow eyes sized me up, as he rubbed his arm impatiently. A habit that he had now grown accustomed to.

I didn't care nonetheless, no matter what I wasn't going to even think about such a rude suggestion. Even if it would possibly cost me my livelihood.

"Rune, you won't be young forever you realize. The human body is like a young wilting flower in the calm autumn breeze, sooner or later you are bound to the fact that you will age."

"Though until then?" I teased, stretching over.

Abdul combed his light coppery hair, brazenly focusing on me. I frowned, slowly coming to terms that Abdul was being serious, he was honestly comprehending my future and here I was teasing him when he was purely attempting to be serious.

I'm a living joke at times.

"I care about you Rune; I want you to survive this life. Even if it is hard. I'm going to get you out of here," He knelt down to me, holding my hand as he brushed it. The action's purpose was to cause me to calm down, which it gladly did which resulted in me calmly resting beside him.

Abdul was my best friend and possibly the only man I could ever trust, despite his Alpha ranking. I knew that Abdul looked forward to the day that he would one day manage to romance me into a mating. The Weremonkey was a Militarist like myself and about everyone else, Alphas claimed Omegas as soon as they came of age, often forcefully. I'd be of age in a few weeks; turning sixteen any Alpha would be able to claim me.

Abdul would be the first, so to assure that my mother Malora had opted to invite him inside our compound. For Abdul restraining himself had been a challenge, one that rest assured was only possibly due to the blossoming amount of unfair affection that he held for me, which was undoubtedly unfair as I still managed to be cruel to him by my acts.

So when I'd received a request to mate with Aed Dusk from a man who claimed to be his follower, I'd denied it automatically. However, Abdul seemed reluctant to permit me to pass up this opportunity painting the obvious line that Aed was richer and more respected, it would be better in all courts for me to be with him rather.

I didn't want that though. Abdul was mine, and mine alone. He was perfection in more ways than I could possibly explain. A tall and caring Alpha, with a similarly forgiving nature was never common. Abdul made me feel safe, he cherished me to the extent of content bliss. I didn't know if I could love him yet, regardless of that I felt safe with him.

I wished to mate with Abdul, my childhood sweetheart.

****

Rowan's P.O.V

"So they are heading off brother?"

It was morning. An adoringly bright morning that shone through the curtains. That was how it had been in my room beforehand, the warm sunlight had charmingly patterned Frederick's face as he had curled into the pillow cutely.

I'd never seen what was so cute about late sleeper's until now, he had opened my eyes to so many things. The way that I had desperately assaulted him yesterday had been near impossible to handle. Though the Omega had been humble, servicing me in the best way possible really.