Chapter 7 - Free?

Peyton/\

Caleb-

"Yes Peyton?"I asked

"Come here Caleb."

I walked up to her once more. She held her head down, and rested her arms on the chair.

"How's my little bait?" She asked.

"Great. When--"

"Elaborate."

"Well she isn't resisting, she doesn't talk anymore."

"Alright that's good."

"Return to the lab." She ordered.

I nodded and headed to the lab. In the distance I hear running and shouting? Leah is running towards me fast. I barely had a chance to move out the way to grab her. I turned around and she was already gone.

Shit!

I mind-linked everyone. SHES ESCAPING!!!!!!!!!!!

Peyton's voice ringed in my head. WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS!? I could hear in my head as well out loud. I ran after Leah, turning around the corner and another until I got to the door.

Leah-

I turned around one more time. Caleb stood behind me angry with rage. Uh oh. I pushed the door open with all my little energy. The light was bright. I haven't seen sunlight since my birthday. I squinted my eyes. My eyes slowly adjusted to the light. I ran some more not knowing where I was going.

The air felt great. I laughed to myself. I looked over my shoulder, more were chasing me. Some in wolf form, some in human. Panic rose over me. But I kept running.

"Help!" I screamed.

Smack!

A big force hit knocking the breath out of me. I hit the ground with a thud. My eyes kept closing and opening.

"Hey!" Someone whisper/yelled.

No.

"Wake up!"Someone shouted.

"Hurry..."

What?!

Olivia towered over me with a worried expression. She then offered me her hand. Confused, I took it.

"Come on you have to go."

She looked around.

"Your pack is east among the river. Swim through it to hide your scent. I hope you make it home."

Freedom a voiced ringed in my head. Why is she helping me? Won't she be punished? She's too nice.
This may be a trap.

She placed her hand on my shoulder," This place is not for a girl especially you. Now go. Go!"

I took off. In the distance I could see Olivia running back.

"Where is she?!" Caden yelled.
“I don't know we lost her. ”  Olivia explained.

I kept running. Zig zagging through the trees in my way.

It wasn't long til I reached the river. I stopped and caught my breath. I looked back for the first. The wind blew the leaves of the trees. It was dark and chilly. I shivered.

I slowly made way into the water. I soon adjusted to the temperature of the water. I scooped water with my hands and splashed it on my skin. Then my face.

"Hey!" Someone shouted.

I turned around ready to face the unknown person. It was a man. He looked about in his twenties. Let's say in his mids.

His face held seriousness and power. But not of an alpha. So beta I'm guessing. He walked over to me. "Step out the water." He ordered.

I did. He stepped back. I was dirty and I probably stink too." Who are you?" He asked in shock.

" I am Leah, daughter of Alpha Lucas and Luna Riley." I answered. " Can you help me, please?"