ch : 4

Lana

September 16, 2017 • Saturday // 11:15 PM

We were back at the peak, in our usual spot, our legs hanging off the cliff. 

Chatting away until...

"Oh, look at the time." Zack checked his watch, "Shouldn't you be running home before Jason catches you like what happened last night?"

I groan and shut my eyes, "Is it that late already?"

"I'm afraid so, city girl." He chuckled, amused by the fact that I don't wanna leave yet.

I stand up, really bummed that I had to go, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow. You better be here."

"What, you miss me already?" He smirked, repeating my words from earlier today. He stood up as well, grabbing my by my hand, turning me around to face him.

"I have to go."

He smiled cheekily in reply.

"If I say yes, would you let me go?" I answer with a similar reply he gave me this morning too.

"Good enough for me." His tone was soft, giving me a sweet and charming smile. "You sure you'll be here tomorrow?"

"You'll have to wait and see then. I do remember I hate waking up early..." I teasingly grin.

A smirk played on his lips, "You didn't seem to have problem with that this morning when you came to see me..." He took a step towards me, his face inches away from mine.

I laugh quietly with a little scheme in mind... I leaned in slowly, a small smile on my face.

Zack was leaning in too, expecting more than a kiss on a cheek.

...but that's what I gave him anyway.

I just gave him a simple kiss on the cheek.

His face was hilariously trying to play it cool, afterwards. I felt kinda bad that I led him on but it was pretty funny, though... I let out a little snicker as Zack pursed his lips with a mix of disappointment and amusement.

"Well-played, city girl. Well-played." He slowly applauded me, taking a step back.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say.

He took a moment to regain his cool and laid-back demeanor, "Okay then."

Lastly, I squeezed his cheek, laughed and finally went on home.

--

And here I go again...

Sneaking into the house after losing track of time, after spending my whole day with Zack.

I quietly tip toe into the foyer, pass the living room and thinking I succeeded, since I was right in front of my door... I decided to silently holler a "Yes! Yes, yes, yes!"

Now, it was really dark. I couldn't risk having someone notice the lights were on. I clumsily go for the door, thinking it was already half-open because I always leave it half-open.

But it was not.

I slammed into my door and fell flat on my butt. I hiss in pain as I hear footsteps rushing from upstairs...

Jason.

Oh god.

"Lana?" Yep. That was Jason. His groggy you-just-woke-me-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night voice just gave it all away. "Lana, is that you?"