Chapter Fifteen

(M/N)'s POV

I gave a groan as my alarm woke me up. I was taking a nap just before I had to leave for my shift at Grillby's.

I get up by rolling off the bed, onto the floor, and then toward to my closet. I prop myself up and open the door. I grab my uniform and place it on my bed.

I remove my sweatpants and baggy t-shirt and slip on the white, collared long-sleeve and black knee-length shorts. I put on the black vest and bright orange bowtie.

I stare into my mirror, "Looking good."

I grab my work shoes and jog out the door with my phone and wallet. I lock the door and start my walk to the restaurant.

As I headed to my work, I found a cat just enjoying itself on the sidewalk. I took a picture of it, silently smiling to myself.

I continue my treck and finally make it to Grillby's

I continue my treck and finally make it to Grillby's. I was a little early just meaning I could have a drink before my shift.

"Hey there, (M/N)!"

"Hello, Edd."

Eddie was the owner of Grillby's. He was a big fan of video games and decided to name his restaurant after the iconic bar.

"What uppp?!"

"As energetic as usual, boss."

"Hehe... Anyways, go get your tray!"

"Okay."

I head to the backroom and grab a waiter tray. I come back outside and ask Eddie for a Coca-cola.

"Here ya go, buddy!" He says as he slides the can over to me.

"Thanks."

No one was in the restaurant yet. We close it during certain hours so the cooks prepare the food before the onslaught of customers come crashing the doors. In about five minutes, we'll be open for business.

"So... Find a boyfriend yet?"

I almost spit out my drink, "What?"

"I said-"

"I know what you said. Why?"

"I don't know... You just seem lonely. I think having a partner might be good for you."

"I mean, I guess, but to be ho-"

I was interrupted by the clock striking 12:00 and sounding twelve chimes.

Edd sighed and pushed back his short brown hair and patted down his hoodie, "Well come on, go go! It's time to start the day!"

I sighed.

"Yup, you got it boss."

-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-

I quickly manuver around with ease and precision. After working here for quite some time, I had an easy time getting around the place.

I place down the cups of the couple sitting down across from each other in a booth.

"So are you two ready to order?"

"I am! What about you, Captain Corner?" said the loud, leather jacket-wearing ginger.

The other one with big, round glasses seemed startled and embarrassed by the nickname, "Huh? Oh, sure."

I pull out my handy-dandy notepad and pen and ask them for their orders.

"I'll get the medium pizzaaa!"

"Um, can you make it a large and we'll just share?"

I nod and write down the two's order.

"I'll be back with your food, gents."

"Thanks!" The loud one yelled.

"Thank you." said the other half of the pair more quietly, tipping his hat.

I walk away, thinking what a weird duo they are, but who am I to judge.

I am a weirdo at heart.

-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-

I finish my shift and shout out a goodbye to Edd. I head out of the restaurant to go back to my apartment. As I walk down the sidewalk, I bump into someone.

"Oof, sorry." I apologize, not even looking at the stranger's face.

"Watch where you're going next ti- Wait, you're that kid that took my "money tree!" "

'Oh f-' I couldn't even finish my thought when he pushed me against the wall.

"Ow..."

"Now, it's because of you my debt is worse than it was before! If you had just let me take the money from that kid!"

He punched me as he held me against the wall.

I let a groan and he rammed my body towards the wall again, ending up with my head hitting the bricks at full force.

As my vision turns to darkness, the last thing I see is a sleek black motorcycle.

-:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-

Thanks for reading guys!

I will be having another Q/A on the next chapter, so leave questions in the comments! It can be about the story, about me, or other random stuff.