chapter 18

(M/N)'s POV

I blink rapidly to ease my bright, annoying awakening.

"Ugh..." I groan in complaint as I roll sideways on the bed, "What did I do to deserve this punishment?"

"Almost get yourself killed is one reason."

"Huh?" I turn my head toward the voice. "Oh. Hey Shizuo."

He just grunted in reply. He brushed the hair out of his face, revealing the bags under his eyes.

Ah... shit.

"Hey," I turned my head away in shame, "Sorry for making you worry."

"Oh. I'm still angry, but it's your life. I can't just make you stop and I understand that but still it's... Ugh- Just... tell us next time... We don't enjoy being in the dark about this things. We wanna be there for you, be able to protect you, and keep you from all the [beep] that life throws at yo-"

I embrace Shizuo before he could finish and he wraps his arms around me.

"You idiot..." He whispers gently.

"Yeah, you know I am."

I let go after a while and notice a slightly blurry figure near the entrance of the apartment we were in.

Damn, I think I need glasses.

"Well, lookie at who I found!"

"Oh [beep]." I whisper and rub my eyes to make sure I was hearing correctly. Wait, why am I rubbing my eyes when I'm- Nevermind.

Shizuo grits his teeth and almost breaks the armres- and it's broken, "Izaya-kun..."

"Why, hello, Shizu-chan! What surprise meeting you here!"

"I told you never to come back to Ikebur-"

"Hey, Izaya! What are you doing here?" Shinra interrupts.

So I guess they all know each other? Oh right... My dream. I totally forgot about that; I mean we were friends for like a few months and then he just disappeared? Eh... I can't really remember much.

He was probably the closest friend I had then. Then he left one day and never came back. I'm very different from the way I was back then; it makes sense he doesn't recognize me. In high school, I dyed my hair and styled it differently. I changed the clothes I wore... Things like that.

I wanted get rid of all parts of that time... Goodbye, junior high. Anyways, back to the task at hand.

Shizuo had picked up his chair and started threatening Izaya with it. Celty ran in between them, trying to stop their fight.

Shinra walked up to my bed, "So, how are you feeling?"

"Eh, could be better..."

"Heh, well, Shizuo wants to keep you here for a while. That guy did quite a lot of damage to your head there."

"Eh, I've got nothing else better to do. Thanks for taking of me though."

"It's nothing," He smiles back at me.

Everything might actually be alright.

CRASH!

Actually, I take that back. Sigh...