Chapter 10

The days went on like that.

Dans world was bland, he barely smiled anymore, he sat at a table alone everyday without touching his food. He barely ate anymore. He couldn't.

Winter break started the week after, the only time Dan and Phil ever had to talk to each other was during play rehearsals. Even then after every rehearsal Dan would leave immediately only to cry behind the school, he was miserable.

"I don't understand." Phil was at Tyler Oakley's house. Not because he wanted to be but because Tyler wanted him to.

"How do you not? He's miserable Phil." Tyler shook his head. "He's broken."

"I know... I know.." Phil rested his head in his palms.

"Haven't you noticed how skinny he's gotten? He hasn't eaten anything in like 2 weeks Phil. The only time he does is when he's forced to. And all those things Charlie told you about him? They were lies."

"What?"

----

It was the 26th of December, almost New Years. A few days ago both families informed the two boys known as Dan and Phil of an event coming up.

"Dan honey! Can you come down stairs please! I promise it's only for a few minutes." Carrie went and sat down at the dining table.

"Yeah mum?" Dan had a mono-tone voice most of the time now.

"I have to inform you of something and you can't hate me." Dan was suspicious now.

"Okay?"

"Come, sit." She gestured to the chair in front of her. Barry and Iris were sitting there too, they were staying for a couple of weeks.

"What's so important you had to pull me of pit of despair?"

"Okay first off, you need to take a shower after this conversation. Second, the Lesters are coming over for New Years." Carrie tried to get it out of the way as fast as possible.

"What?! You knew me and Phil had a falling out! Why would you do this?"

"Danny she didn't." Iris looked to Dan. "It was Mrs. Lester's idea. She and Martyn wanted to help you and Phil become friends again.."

"I don't need your guys help. I'm fine." Dan growled as he stood up. "Now I'm going to go back up to my room and wallow in my own pity." He walked upstairs and got back into bed and proceeded to just lay there emotionless, he hated himself.

"It's not going to be easy you know" Barry looked at his mother. "He's angry and hurt."

"I know but I want to help him... he hasn't been eating Barry, he never leaves his room. The only time he does is to go to his friend Tyler's house but that's rarely ever." Carrie sighed. "Go tell the school he isn't gonna be able to go to rehearsal today."

"Yeah, yeah, okay." Barry nodded and looked at Iris who rubbed his shoulder.

"Dan'll be okay.. I promise Barry."

"Thanks Iris.."

----

Phil walked to rehearsal that day, he got there just in time to see Barry walking from the school doors.

"Barry?" Phil walked up to the six foot four boy.

"Oh hey, Phil." Barry smiled to the ebony hair boy. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good, how about you?" Phil had met Barry a few times over the year he had been friends with him.

"I'm doing great." Barry smiled,

"So why are you at the school?"

"Oh... Dan isn't coming to rehearsal today. He's um... sick, yeah sick." Barry rubbed his forehead.

"Oh... okay..." Phil sighed. "I'll talk to you on New Years Barry!" He yelled as he walked inside.

---

Dan booked it to Tyler's house.

"Dan what's up? What was so urgent you couldn't tell me over the phone?" Dan stared for a second before he started to cry.

"I love Phil..."