EPISODE 1

• Dedicated kay Trina Orro Bernal

                                                                         CAST

The A.N.JELL:

Park Shin Hye as Go Mi Nam (Male) & Go Mi Nyu (Female)

Jang Keun-suk as Hwang Tae Kyung

Lee Hongki as Jeremy

Jung Yong Hwa as Kang Shin Woo

Extended cast:

Bae Geu Rin as Sa Yu Ri (Fan club president)

Kim In Kwon as Ma Hoon Yi (Mi Nam’s manager)

Jung Chan as President Ahn

Choi Soo Eun as Wang Kko Di

Kim Sung Ryung as Mo Hwa Ran

Choi Ran as Choi Mi Ja (Mi Nam & Mi Nyu’s aunt)

Ha Dae Ro as staff

Kim Dong Yun as Dong Joon

Jang Won Young as Mr Kim (photographer, Nara Daily News)

Kim Ho Chang as dancer

Yoo Seung Ho as convenient store customer (cameo, ep9)

Yoon Gi Won as tractor driver (cameo)

Choi Dae Sung as CF director (cameo)

Lee Joo Yeon as Before School member (cameo)

Yoo So Young as Before School member (cameo)

_________________________________________________________________________
CHARACTERS & BACKGROUND

GO MI-NYEO (Park Shin-hye) is a young apprentice nun who has lived at a convent ever since she was brought there as an orphan. Because of her strict upbringing, Mi-nyeo speaks very formal Korean, which is doubly cute when placed in real-world situations because it’s so stilted. It’s like in Soulmate, where the Yu-jin character spoke in hyper-elevated honorifics, resulting in a quaint effect.

Despite her sweet nature and good intentions, Mi-nyeo constantly ends up causing trouble. You practically expect the nuns to burst out singing, “How do you solve a problem like Maria?” For instance, during mass (for which she was late), she spies a girl watching something on her mini TV player and nicely asks her to put it away. The brat ignores her and resists, and Mi-nyeo tries to pry the player out of the girl’s hands. This leads to a brief struggle, and the player skids out of her grasp and slides across the floor — but now that it’s unplugged, it blares loud pop music in the middle of service.

The girl was watching a concert of the country’s top idol group, A.N.JELL, a three-member boy band led by HWANG TAE-KYUNG (Jang Geun-seok).

Tae-kyung is surly and cynical, constantly walking around with a frown on his face. He seems to take his music very seriously, and there’s the hint that he may want to move away from the idol stuff and onto more thoughtful fare. In any case, his constant pessimism contrasts starkly with the good-natured personalities of his two bandmates.