EPISODE 15

EPISODE 15 RECAP

After Tae-kyung storms off, Mi-nyeo cries as Shin-woo looks on, unable to go to her but not turning away, either. Mi-nyeo prays to Mother Superior, “Because of my father, he was abandoned. Because of his mother, my mother and I were both abandoned. I could not say that it was okay, that I didn’t feel heartbroken. I could not hold on to him. I cannot see my star anymore.”

Tae-kyung’s reaction is more hurt than anger, although he tends to express hurt (and lots of other things) AS anger. As he sits in the dark studio, he tells himself, “If it’s dark, I can’t see anything. I’ll just think that I can’t see anything because it’s dark.” (Aw, sad! Implication: I can’t see her because it’s dark, not because she’s gone.)

The pesky Reporter Kim guesses that Mi-nam and Mi-nyeo are the same person. Heyi, to her credit, says she knows nothing about it and insists, “I don’t know. Why are you asking me? If you want to know, ask them yourself.”

He isn’t surprised by her denial; he expected her to distance herself from the whole situation. He doesn’t believe her and tries to appeal to her fear by saying she’ll inevitably become linked to the story if it gets out. How are the A.N.JELL guys involved? He vows to find out the full story, and presses her to confirm how much the others know if she wants him to leave her out of it.

With no better way of getting him to back off, Heyi fakes a faint. (HA!) This makes the reporter look around nervously, since he doesn’t want his actions to be misconstrued. He tells Heyi, who is lying on the ground as though unconscious, that based on her actions, he’ll have to assume that there IS something going on. He proposes, “Let’s make a deal.” If she lies low while he confirms the story, he offers, “When I catch A.N.JELL for sure, I’ll leave you out of it.” Still on the ground and with eyes closed, Heyi gives a small nod.

Her dilemma now is whether she should warn Tae-kyung that the reporter is sniffing around. If she does, she won’t be able to escape being implicated, but she does care for Tae-kyung and worries about what will happen to him if word about Mi-nam’s impersonation gets out. She tries thinking of a way to get Tae-kyung out of it (leaving the other three A.N.JELL members to face the scandal), “But if that goes wrong, it’ll really hurt me.”

Thinking of reporter Kim’s request for an interview with both twins, Shin-woo tells Hoon-yi that they have to get Mi-nyeo away quickly to avoid such a scenario. Hoon-yi decides that the group can do a fansigning in Japan, which they had previously declined.

Shin-woo relays the plans to Tae-kyung: since Tae-kyung wants to follow separately, Shin-woo and Jeremy will take Mi-nyeo to Japan first. Tae-kyung curtly acknowledges Shin-woo’s words, acting as though he couldn’t care less about Mi-nyeo’s plans. We know he’s feeling upset, but to the rest of the group, he’s cold and silent.

As Mi-nyeo packs for their Japan trip, Hoon-yi informs her that her return from Japan will coincide with her brother’s return from the States. That will mark the end of her stint in A.N.JELL, so she can consider her Japan trip “a farewell trip.”

Seeing that she’s packing all of her belongings, Hoon-yi tells her she has plenty of time to take those things later. She can come back with her brother after the Japan visit. Mi-nyeo answers that she would rather pack everything at once — which suggests that she’s planning on leaving sooner than she’s letting on.

Tae-kyung continues giving her the cold shoulder, and when he runs into her in the hallway, he walks right by without acknowledging her. As with their big blowup at the end of last episode, he only goes a little distance before he stops and looks back — which she doesn’t notice — and watches her struggling with her luggage. I doubt he would have helped her with her bag, but it seems like he’s conflicted about it — but then Shin-woo comes along and helps, as he watches.