EPISODE 7

EPISODE 7 RECAP

Mi-nyeo stands stricken, watching Tae-kyung and Heyi kissing in front of the reporters, thinking, “I don’t want to see this, I should turn around, but my body won’t obey. What do I do?”

Shin-woo comes up to her and casts an angry look Tae-kyung’s way, knowing how this makes her feel.

Only… turns out it wasn’t even a real kiss!

Tae-kyung moves in for the kiss but ends up holding Heyi’s head still, keeping their faces inches apart. From this angle, we can see that instead of being a grandiose, romantic moment, both pop stars are grumbling at each other through clenched teeth. Heyi struggles, but he tells her to stay still for the photo op, adding, “Don’t worry, I won’t ever do it for real.”

Afterward, Heyi complains peevishly. He reminds her that she was the one to suggest they date for real; he has agreed to “act like it’s real.” She fumes at his proposition. He asks sarcastically, “You can’t have wanted it for real?”

She laughs that off (a little too loudly), then warns, “You may have started it, but I’ll end it by dumping you. So until I say it’s over, you can’t end it. And you’d better not tell anyone that we’re faking. If you do, my pride will be so hurt that I’ll tell everyone the truth about Go Mi-nam.”

Therefore, she demands that he see her home. “On such a crazy day, a boyfriend should take his girlfriend home. Act like a gentlemanly boyfriend.” He returns, “On such a tiring day, a girlfriend should tell her boyfriend to go on home. Act like a thoughtful girlfriend.” Touché.

After Tae-kyung leaves, Heyi pouts to herself: “I wasn’t suggesting we pretend. I meant it.”

Shin-woo tries to make Mi-nyeo (and himself) feel better by saying that it’s natural that she was surprised. All their fans are probably heartbroken. That’s because Tae-kyung is a star, so feeling sad isn’t surprising or even unusual. He assures her that what she’s feeling is “nothing special.”

True enough, the fans camped outside the A.N.JELL office are all in tears. Sayuri sobs, “Don’t cry, guys. We’re oppa’s true fans, we should congratulate him!” She starts a tearful chant, “Congratulations!”

Therefore, Mi-nyeo decides that in order to make her disappointment “nothing special,” she should congratulate Tae-kyung too, like a fan. When he comes home that night, his housemates surprise him with a congratulatory party. Their chant dies, however, when he glares them into silence and leaves the room.

Aunt Mi-ja speculates that Tae-kyung’s attitude must be from embarrassment, while Jeremy figures it must be because he’s sorry to have hidden it from them.

On the contrary, Tae-kyung grumbles (regarding Mi-nyeo): “How can you jump in to congratulate me? Who was I doing that for in the first place?” He concedes, “You’re congratulating me because you don’t know that.”

The rest of the house continues their celebration, with Aunt Mi-ja pressing another drink on Mi-nyeo (“The Go men are strong drinkers!”). Mi-nyeo turns it down because she’s already drunk. Immediately, Jeremy feels concerned and steps in to take the drink instead, and Mi-nyeo stumbles away tipsily.

Jeremy has noticed that Mi-nam is acting odd, and finds her outside. He wonders, “Is the reason you’re looking upset because of Yoo Heyi?” Oh, Jeremy, you are SO CLOSE to being clever, and yet so far! He asks (recall that in Korean, pronouns are dropped), “Are you feeling disappointed because of your feelings? Do you like [that person]?”