chapter 11 friends?

"have you seen her yet? have you even spoken to her yet?"jen asks bouncing in the seat watching me working on the car.

"nope i just havent got round to it yet"i tell her getting up from under the car wiping my hands on my top.

"colt! it's been two days. you are going to run into her sometime and then it will be all awkward and shit just go over to her house"jenna says playing with a spanner.

"oh yeah im just going to walk up knock on her door and say. 'hey alex i know its been five years but i still love you dump your girlfriend and go out with me' no i'll go when i'm ready"i tell her taking the spanner away from that before she breaks something with it.

"hey i was playing with that!"jenna grumps reaching out for it but i lift my hand really high. she jumps and psuhes into me sending us back against the desk. i look down noticing how close she is. i lean down ever so slightly our lips almost touching.

"am i interrupting something?"a girls voice makes jenna i jump apart. i look up to see the alex's girlfriend standing at the door of the garage. "oh it's you" she said not sounding very happy.

"uh...no. can i help you with something?" i ask politely.

"yeah my car broke down about a mile up the road."she tells me.

"okay."i grab the paperwork off my desk. "im going to need you to fill these out and then we'll get going"i hand the forms and a pen over to her and point to my desk. she smiles sitting down. i turn back to jen pulling into the coner away from whats her face.

"do you know her? she's quite hot"jenna smiles looking back over to the girl.

"thats alex's girlfriend asshole"i hiss at her she looks at me shocked.

"thats her girlfriend...dude you just hit the jackpot. now all you need to do is get her to break up with alex so you can get her."jen nudges my shoulder.

"no i wouldnt do that if they break up it has to be there choice. your not going to interfere are you"i tell her.

"im all finished"the girl says i turn to see her waving the papers about.i walk over spin round half way

"i mean it jen. this isnt a game"i remind her spinning back round taking the papers from the girl...jade austin. 21 years old.

"okay jade lets go see whats wrong with your car."i say putting the papers down jumping in the car jade getting in the passengers side. i drive out the ride very awkward and silent.

"there thats it"jade points towards a red mini coupe concept. 'typical girl'. i get out the truck and walk over to the thing. i pop the hood looking everything over. seeing nothing wrong. i step back.closing it.

"well nothings wrong under here"i sit down in the car turning the keys automatically seeing the problem, 'bloody girls' "well i found your problem"i say stepping out the car. "your out of deisel"

"oh...forgot to top that up"jade says her cheeks flushing slightly.

"no worries i always keep some in the back of the truck your not the only one to forget."i tell her walking over to the truck grabbing the deisel can i walk over taking the cap off and start pouring it in.

"so...your alex's ex?"jade asks shyly

"and your alex's girlfriend"i state. suddenly glaring at my reflexsion.

"so did you guys go out long?" jade asks trying to seem nonchalant.

"uh im not really sure if i should be talking to you about this...beside's didnt alex already tell you about me you seemed to know me back at the house"i was trying so hard to keep my bitchy tone in-check.