Back To The...Beach? What?

Two years. 

I spent two full years at home.

And Jesus, why did I even leave?

In the middle of my thoughts, Akira made a high pitched noise from somewhere to my left. I looked to him with a questioning expression.

"The GMGs are happening." he said with wide eyes, showing me his phone. I froze, my eyes widened and I facepalmed.

"You asshat, i was just internally monologue-ing , saying that I didn't know why I left here, and..." I went into the kitchen, leaving him in the living room. 

He blinked as my voice faded away, before I was back in the room again "...ause there was nothing for me to do elsewhere, but noooo, you come and tell me about all the badass things that's happening and..." I marched upstairs, leaving him in the living room again. 

I came back down with a huff, "...no choice but to check shit out because I'm trash and this is all your fault, so if I don't come back for a few months, don't you even..." I went back into the kitchen.

After fumbling about a little, I went out again. "...so yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. Okay?" I asked, looking up at him. He blinked. Once, twice, three times before just looking away.

"Yeah, sure." he sat down again, shrugging.

"You don't know what I said, do you."

"Nope. But I got the gist of it. Have fun, bring me back something cool. Like your guild tattoo-level cool." he waved me off, and I rolled my eyes.

Can you believe this was the person who was about to turn homicidal because he hadn't seen me in a while?

Geez.

I left the house after ruffling his hair, purposefully messing it up for him to complain about. Once outside, I hummed thoughtfully.

Yep, better to say goodbye than have them showing up in the middle of the games to beat me up for not doing so. 

Nodding to myself decisively, I made a beeline for Ichiraku. It was further than I remembered it being, before I realized I only went there with Naruto, and that meant giving him a ride with the shadows. He loved it, the child.

Although, who wouldn't?

"Naru!" I was about to make a grand entrance when Naruto 'shhhh'ed me. I blinked.

"Uh...?" He shushed me again, and I mimed zipping my mouth shut, holding my hands up for emphasis. He grinned, then pointed towards the middle of the shop. There was a guy down on one knee in front of Ayame. I smirked. 

"Oh my God...yes. Yeah, yes. Of course, yes!" she exclaimed, sobbing. The guy seemed at a loss as to what to do, but hugged her happily anyway. I clapped.

"Awesome! Good job, dude! Now, this means... ramen for everyone! Me especially!" I said, a huge smile on my face. Teuchi gave me a look, and I deflated.

"No? Nothing? At all?" I sighed. "Fiiine. I'm leaving anyway, so that's probably for the best."

"Whaaa, where're you going?" Naruto and I left the happy scene; everyone was congratulating the two.

"Same place as last time, I only stayed for two or three days, and Akira's found something fun for me to do. I've gotta go back to Lukedonia first though, Lucifer's been quiet and I don't trust it." I replied, making him pout, looking at the ground, before looking back up to me with a playful smile.

"You gonna get me anything?" he asked, and I snorted, shoving him away.

"What, that's the only reason I can go anywhere?" I asked, and he shrugged, looking away innocently.