Chapter 7 // Fountain

"Budo I.." but it was too late. I didn't hear her.

I made my way to class and slammed the door open. The entire class just silently watched as I sat down angrily with no apology to the teacher.
"Budo, why are you late?"
"I didn't know it was class time yet."
"We have a bell Budo. You've never had an issue with this before."
"Yeah well maybe not everything is as reliable and trustworthy as we first think." I brushed her off.
"Ooookay.. well Budo I'd like to talk after class. Anyway, let's continue class.." she said awkwardly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the bell went, I tried to slip away. I was unsuccessful.
"Budo, here please."
"Urgh.." I walked over, "What?"
"Ahem."
"Yes Sensei?" I answered sarcastically.
"Look Masuta-Kun, this isn't like you. What happened and why were you really late?"
"Nothing."
"Budo."
"Fine! I had an argument with Ayano. Why does that matter?"
"I received a message from Ayano's teacher, she didn't turn up for class, we assumed maybe something happened."
"She didn't?"
"If you want to talk to your girlfriend with the guidence-"
"She's NOT my girlfriend." I said angrily.
"Budo.."
"I don't need a stupid guidance counsellor. Can I leave now?"
"Masuta-Kun I just want to-"
"CAN. I. LEAVE. NOW?"
"Go on." she sighed.
"Thank you!" I left, shutting the door violently behind me.

"B-Budo.." something grabbed my hand. Without turning around, I knew who it was.
"Don't."
"I'm a horrible person. I'm a disgusting piece of shit. I don't deserve you at all."
"But? Come on, give me your excuse." I turned around and looked her in the eye.
"There is no but. I don't have an excuse. I just wanted you to know; I should die alone. And I will. They can have Taro, I don't want him anymore. I'm going to drop out of Akademi. I'll just stay at home. I don't want your pity, I just wanted to say good bye one final time." she got out her phone, "At least I can always see you here." she revealed her background, which was the selfie we took this morning. I looked back up at her to see her eyes dripping with tears.

"I'm sorry Budo."

She turned around and began walking away when I grabbed her hand. "D-Don't."

"What?"

"Allow me to rephrase." I said as she turned to look at me, "Don't you fucking dare leave me now."

"B-But I thought-"

"You thought wrong. We are too far to just quit. You can't just abandon me like this." I said stubbornly. Her frown turned into a smile as she launched herself towards me in a sad-happy hug.

"You're the best."

"I know." I laughed, "You really don't like Taro anymore?"
"Nope, why?"
"Then there's something I need to do."
"Buuudooooo?"
"You'll see." I started running down the stairs.
"Masuta!" she chased after me!

I ran down until I reached the courtyard, perfect. Taro was in the perfect position. Ayano eventually caught up and stood by my side while talking to Taro.
"Yamada, stand up." I ordered.
"Okay?" he did as I commanded.
"Did you get wet in the rain last night?"
"No, why? I brought an umbrella." he answered, confused.
"Well, see, me and this lovely girl right here tried to use an umbrella but it wouldn't work. We had to take shelter under my jacket." I looked at Ayano, she was smiling, but she also looked confused.
"Where is this going?" he asked.
"You know what not even an umbrella can protect you from?"
"What?"
"A fountain."
"A foun- oh fu-" before he could finished I pushed him backwards into the fountain causing everyone to look over, Ayano couldn't help but burst out in laughter. "DUDE WHAT THE FUCK!?" Taro laughed too.
"Hey, next time you call a girl weird or creepy, consider that maybe she's just shy, 'kay?" I smirked.

Taro got out of the fountain and grabbed Ayano from behind.
"Ew! Your wet! Piss off!" she laughed, trying to break free from his grip.
"Hey! Leave her out of this, asshole!"
"This isn't over Budo, FOR YOU SEE - I have taken your girlfriend hostage." he talked in an old timey voice, "And if you would like for no harm to come to her, then you will jump into the fountain of shame."
"She's not my.. oh for fuck's sake." I stepped up onto the stone of the fountain, "The things I do for you, Shadow."

I took my jacket off and jumped into the fountain and heard Ayano and Taro laughing as I did so. I came up to the edge and told Ayano to come closer, which she did. I leaned closer and she did too, but just before I kissed her I grabbed her gently and pulled her into the fountain with me.

"Budo you asshole!" she shouted, "I'm going to ki-"
"Ss me?"
"You are such a-"
"I'd rather you kissed me than killed me." I laughed, splashing her with water.
"You trying to kiss me is how I ended up here in the first place you ass." she smirked, splashing me back.

All of a sudden, Taro got back in and splashed us both, to which we teamed up on him.

"What are you doing!? Behave properly this instant!" a teacher saw us.
"Shi-"
"Considering the trouble you're already in, I think it's best for you not to finish that profanity, Masuta-Kun."

Me, Ayano and Taro all looked at each other trying to hide a smirk, before the teacher said 3 words I did NOT want to hear.

"Guidance counsellor, now."