AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!!

Chapter 21

"I like where we are at right now. We don't have to worry about anything. We have our whole life together." Avery said, he kissed me softly.

"I agree." Was all I could say.

"We don't have to worry about you getting pregnant anymore." Avery kissed me again.

‘One day again, I will have more kids. Not now, maybe not for fifteen years, but I will have another baby. I will have a baby with Avery. Right now, I like where we are.’ I thought to myself as I continued to kiss Avery.

I woke up bright and early the next morning. I slowly walked into Jayden's room,

"Happy Birthday Jay!" I yelled once I got into her room. I picked her up out of her crib and hugged her close to me. One year from today, I had given birth to Jayden.

I carried Jayden downstairs that afternoon to a room full of people. She was having her very first birthday party, and I wanted it to go perfectly.

"Can you believe it's been a year since Jayden has been born?" Julia asked me later on in the party.

"No, it's gone by so fast. It feels like just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital with Mr. Harrison..." My voice trailed off.

"Well, it's been a tough year, but it's come together in the end." Julia finished for me.

"Yeah, it has been."

"Rachel! Look over at Jayden!" Julia shouted randomly a few minutes later.

"Oh my gosh!" I said, turning my head to see Jayden walking across the living room by herself. I couldn't believe it, she was doing so well. "Good job, Jay! Keep walking!" I encouraged her.

"Do you think Jayden had a good birthday?" Avery asked me that night, after everyone left.

"I think so, i cant belive its been a whole year already"

"I'm glad she had fun." Avery said once I came back into reality.

"Me too." I said as I kissed him. Our lips connected and stayed together for a little while.

"Avery? Rachel? Come downstairs please, we all need to talk!" My mother called from the bottom of the stairs.

Doctor Morrison called me today reminding you that you needed to provide insurance so they can charge you for your appointment. Would you care to tell me what this pregnancy test is about?" My mother told me.

"Well it started about two weeks ago. I missed a period. So, I thought maybe I could be pregnant." I started, but my father interrupted.

"Well, what were you doing in a situation that could have gotten you pregnant?"

"But, the pregnancy test at the doctor's office was negative! I'm not pregnant. They put me on birth control." I finished, ignoring what my father had just said.

"You shouldn't need birth control, Rachel. Didn't you learn with Jayden?" My mother asked me.

"What are you doing sleeping with Avery in the first place?" My father asked me.

"That is it! You are no longer allowed to see Avery. We just can't risk another baby, Rachel." My father finally broke the awkward silence.

"Dad! That's so not fair! Why not?" I protested.

"You heard me. You and Avery are done." My father said.