Telling Her

Audrey's POV:

I felt like my life was perfect. A wonderful boyfriend, true love, a roof above my head, good food, nice clothes, a family that cared about me, friends (Some of my friends stayed with me, even when I started dating Regen.). Yeah, I thought life was perfect. But, around this time, Regen started acting really weird around me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." He would murmur quite loudly.

He would say to me,

"Please forgive me, it's not my fault. I swear, they made me do it."

"Do what?" I would ask him every time.

"Oh, nevermind, nothing, forget it." He replied nervously.

Of course I did, because I'm a total idiot.

*NOTE FROM AUTHOR*

Please don't get emotional on me and destroy your phone or whatever your reading this on with tears. If you don't, you probably won't break anything.

I never told anyone about my hobby for singing because I was shy (in a weird way) and the people I told would just ask me to sing for them. Of course I wouldn't want to, so it just my secret. I was going to tell Regen. I wish I had.

I was in my room on a Thursday night, just singing. I don't remember what song, but I think it was "Everything Has Changed". The guitar is a pretty hard instrument to play, and I was having a hard time with the song, but I was just feeling happy.

At the lyric line, "I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time", I heard a gunshot. I immediately went into panic mode because I heard it from the general area of Regen's house down the street. I screamed and cried. I was just hoping he wasn't killed.

And I ran. I ran down the street as fast as I could go. I saw a light through Regen's window, a small one.

I banged on the door really hard and his older brother answered. He looked very tired but rushed at the same time.

"Hurry, oh my God, oh my God, Jesus-, get in, get in Audrey!"

I was really scared.

"He's upstairs, Jesus, he's bleeding so bad. I thought you were the ambulance!"

He started yelling and cursing into the phone and I cried and hurried upstairs.

"Regen! Oh my God, Regen, be ok, please be ok!"

I ran into his room and there he was, lying on the ground

Nearly dead.

His parents were around him screaming, "Dear God, why!?"

I immediately sat next to him and he had a note in his hand.

Blood was scattered around his beautiful brown hair.

The note said:

Thank you Audrey. I'd rather die than live without you because

I love you.

He weakly handed me the note and I, couldn't bare it anymore. My memories faded away to the point where I was only thinking about what I should do, shoot myself or just sit there and cry. I chose the second, because even if I love Regen more than my own family, I wouldn't want them to go through what his family was.

There was nothing a doctor, surgeon, or nurse could do to bring him back. He was gone, and so was I.

Don't take it like I'm dead, because I'm not.

I'm just not myself.

I was only myself for 2 months of my life. When I was with Regen.

I'm in therapy now, and they're trying to make me my happy self again. It's kind of working.

It's just not the same.