Far Away

We were going back to Frankfurt.

I don't know why. I didn't want to know. I didn't want to go back.

"This is the only place we've moved to that I have ever loved! Why do we have to go?" I complained

"You know the drill, Regen, we just want to go other places." Said Papa.

"You don't understand, I don't want to go! I don't want to leave St Osyth, I want to stay!"

"When you move out, move here, but we're going to leave now, Frankfurt is our home!" Yelled Mama.

I sulked, but Kurt didn't mind; he wanted to go back to Frankfurt.

I couldn't find a single way to tell Audrey that wouldn't ruin her day, and possibly her life.

There just wasn't a way to tell a girl out of the blue that you were moving away and you would never see her again unless you got your driver's license.

She would think you wanted to break up with her; to get away from her as quickly as possible.

And she would be sad, disappointed, and angry.

She would ask me, "There's another girl, isn't there?!"

I'd have to say, "No, Audrey, there isn't. Only you. But you don't understand, I'll only be seven hours away."

She would groan, scream, yell, call me a liar.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself, or without her.

So, basically saying I would living in my own miniature Hell without Audrey.

"Come on, Regen, help us pack! We're leaving in three days." Yelled Mama.

I had to find a way to tell Audrey.