A Tempest Looms

For some time, there was a long and uncomfortable silence between Jack and Divine, which was only occasionally interrupted by the clap of thunder. The storms seemed to be tailing them. They slowly trodded down the muddy road, though Jack was the one doing all the trodding. Divine, being a Gardevoir, simply floated alongside him.
  In an effort to break the dreadful silence, she looked down at the blue fellow and just like when they met, she kick-started the conversation.
"So what made you decide to come?" the Curious Gardevoir asked. The Lucario's eyes did not acknowledge her but his left ear did, quickly swiveling to the direction of her voice.
"There is nothing for me back there in that forest, or anywhere. I really have nothing."
He seemed a bit melancholy. She thought about his response for a while, seemingly​ breaking it down to every syllable. "Is that why you are miserable?"
"Stop trying to analyze my life! What do you know anyway?" Jack stammered, this time looking at her.
"I evolved from the Emotion Pokemon. I can sense how you feel. What you are feeling, you don't have to hide it."
"What do you care? Just quit prying."
Jack gnashed his teeth in frustration. Divine noticed this, but maintained her composure.
"I care because we are gonna be stuck together on this trip for some time. You are helping me get my father's medicine right? Shouldn't we get to know each other?" she coaxed.
"I never said I'd help you and neither did I say that I was tagging along with you. We just so happen to be going down the same road. Eventually we'll part ways and I'll only remember you as a pretty face who talked alot."
Divine opened her mouth, as if  to say something else, but the Lucario began to growl so she shut her mouth. The dark clouds hung overhead, and they both found themselves drenched in rain.