2|One Slap

This one couldn't be a good update 🙄
Sorry beforehand if I bored you 🙏

...

"Ish-" Taking her name, guilt burdened his chest; his breath caught somewhere he could not seize, as he stared her. He has done this to her! He was one among them, called her a barren; now his approach was enough to bring about the excruciating day past. He sounded like he never had been in love with this woman. His existence could not make a difference, but induced her into leaving him. No! Disappearing from the little world around him; he still does not know what brought her back to life! It would not be him. It would not be anything that was about him. He does not worth her, he realized long back but this was high time he should accept.

"-Leave." Her lungs ached, weighed on as she breathed tediously. She could feel blood swarming her throat, tasting queasy in her mouth; she had herself wounded by screaming and crying ceaselessly. She felt wasted, used, by him, the only one who touched her, ever. That thought could not make her feel better; blame him, he shredded her soul into fragments that would not be fixed. Never! Alas, he would not try to fix her; she just knew.

"Let me say," He was never this patient. He wanted to hold her, wipe her tears that did not die down, kiss her, and say things that would make her smile. Smile, just for a moment was enough; he could not breathe watching her state. She looked violated, and the thought itself was sickening. She no more holds any feelings for him? If she did, she would not have been like this. Then, has he given her a hope to be happy about things happened between them? "I didn't mean-"

"-I know, you didn't mean it." She cut in. Her face contorted, as she turned to him distantly. Hands dropped to the sides, she paused anguished; he could not come up with something that would make her feel a little better, not the best; who was she talking about! "I know, it just happened, because you don't think she has dignity to fight for, right Raman? What's the big deal! No one's to believe her because nobody thinks she's worth trusting. She's a bad omen and destroys peace, one who's barren that she wouldn't be left with a proof of sleeping with someone, that'd make people question her character!"

"Ishita!" He bellowed. She was hurting him, even though most of it was reflecting him. By making herself a third person, she was making him a culprit of something sinful; it was beyond what he could sustain.

"Don't shout at me, because you meant them. You were making stories of me and Mani! You've no rights to question my character; look at you! You're pathetic."

"I didn't mean that. It's just, Aaliya. She told me you're going to marr-"

"Am I not allowed to marry and settle down because I've been once married to you, which is as terrifying as death? Should I come back to you in a circle of time like Shagun is back to you, Raman?" She scrunched her nose in distaste. "Sorry! I'm extremely, sorry, Raman, I'm not like her!" She should have to stop it; the shiver, tension and a rush of rage was making her tongue go nasty. She could not find it wrong but she never wished to make him feel distressed like he made her. He could be the worst but pushing him to that phase from where she got saved was not her intention. He was not that weak; his cold existence screamed he never had been in love with her, which was agonizing. He got rid of her, and back to be with his first love. He is another selfish man she has come across with and fallen in love, irrevocably.

"Just leave me alone!" Her scream astonished him. Those lines of worry crossed her face before, the way she squeezed her saree, her glassy eyes getting dry, he concluded she was pondering. "I won't let you disdain me again. I wasn't in my senses, please..." She broke down, kneeling on the floor, hiding her pale face in her palms. "I wouldn't have let that happen if-" He gulped a lump of pain. His throat stiffened as if the moment he would talk, be spitting blood. "Please, don't scorn me by last night, in public that I'd be left with no choice but die, this time no one could save me. It's the last thing I want to see you doing. You've done more than enough to hurt me, Raman."