Chapter 24 - The Bored and Suffocated Wife

CATALEYA

All I see is white... the walls, ceiling, pillows, bed sheet and blanket. My eyes are a bit hazy and my head is pounding.

Where am I? What am I doing in here? Am I in a hospital? Shit!

Not another second passed, I realized that I am indeed in a hospital as a young male doctor alongside a nurse walked inside the room. I tried to get up when another wave of nausea washed over me. It made me want to vomit and my head to spin.

What is happening to me? I feel like a jell-O inside. All I want is to hurl my guts out. Yuck! Not a good feeling at all!

“Whoa! Take it easy Mrs. Finnel! You should rest some more.”, nag-aalalang sabi ng gwapong doktor.

“Why did you call me Mrs. Finnel?”, kunot noong tanong ko sa kanya.

“You are Mr. Vaughn Finnel’s wife, are you not? He came in with you this morning. Don’t you remember?”, sunod-sunod na tanong niya sa akin. “He was panicking earlier, asking us what happen to his wife. And I assumed that he was pertaining to you.”

All those information jumbled inside my head like a shaken martini, not stirred, but freaking shaken. I slumped back on the bed as I tried to recall the past events that had happened since last Tuesday.

After the long conversation with VAN on the phone that resulted to an unscheduled trip, I have been waiting for Dr. Diadem to contact me about the result of my pregnancy test. I was really anxious all day. Hindi ako mapakali, parang akong pusang hindi mapaanak. Gusto kong malaman kung buntis ako. Every time the phone rang, I was hoping to hear from the enthusiastic doctor, but surprise, surprise, it was always Vaughn checking on me if I ever left his house. What a pain in the ass! I could have gone out to seek her personally but unfortunately, I was ordered by my so-called master to stay in the house like a freaking dog... like a freaking dog! Imagine that! Hindi niya ako pinayagang lumabas ng bahay dahil lang sa whim niya. Ngayon pa lang nakakaramdam na ako ng pagkasakal sa relasyong ito. I was wondering if I could last long through this ordeal.

“Chérie!”, Vaughn’s velvety voice greeted my very anxious ears when I lifted the phone up, kahit hindi pa man ako sumasagot ng hello.

“Good day whoever you are! You have reached the phone of the very bored, very annoyed and very suffocated wife of Mr. Vaughn Nicolai Finnel. She wants to answer the phone but she is still busy dying from boredom in this hellhole right now. But if you could just leave a message after the freaking tone, she might get back to you after she was raised from the dead to mingle once again in the land of the living! Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!”, sagot ko sa pinakamalambing kong tinig.

“That is not funny, chérie!”, iritadong sagot naman niya.

“You are such a killjoy! Wala kang sense of humor! Ano bang kailangan mo? This is the 12th time you called in the span of...”, then I looked on the wall clock. “two hours. It means you have been calling me every ten freaking minutes. If you really have the need to check on me every freaking minute of every freaking hour, sana isinama mo na lang ako sa opisina mo para hindi ka na naaabala pa sa pagtawag! Nakakairita na kaya!”, iritadong sagot ko.