Chapter 34 - Master Manipulator

CATALEYA

My eyes fluttered with the first ray of sunlight that went through the slightly parted curtains. Feeling the warmth radiating from the body lying next to me, I snuggled closer and put my head on the expanse of his chest. I put my right hand on it to feel the rhythmic drumming of his heart. His heartbeat seemed to match my own. His even and shallow breath told me that he was still dwelling on his own dream world. His hold on me tightened in his sleep. Remembering last night’s events made me nauseous and dizzy.

I went back to our table after Vaughn’s phone call in hasty steps putting a forced smile on my red plump lips. I slowly sat down on my seat and put the table napkin back across my lap.

“Sorry for that, it was an emergency call from my assistant,” I said in my most apologetic voice but deep inside, I was gagging inwardly.

“Oh, it’s okay! I was just teasing you a while ago,” sabi niya na parang nakakaloko . “So, what will it be?”

“Excuse me... What was your last question? My mind was scattered at this moment,” palusot ko sa kanya.

“I was asking you, what can I do to make you in cahoots with me?” confident na tanong niya. “I can do anything to for you to get you in my side. Will you be my partner in crime?” taas-kilay na tanong niya.

“Okay!” agad na sagot ko.

Bahala na ang Avengers sa kung anong mangyayari bukas! Hindi na kaya ni Batman at Superman ang kakaharapin kong problema sa pagpayag kong ito. Kailangan na rin ng tulong ng Super Friends at League of Justice! Lagot ako nito!

“Okay?” gulat na tanong niya na sinagot ko ng isang pagtango. “Are you sure?” paninigurado niya.

Akala ko ba gusto niya akong pumayag? Nang pumayag naman ako, hindi naman makapaniwala that I actually agreed to his offer. Ano ba talaga kuya? Ang gulo talaga niya.

“Yes! You want me aboard your plan, right?” ganting tanong ko at tumango naman siya. “So, why are you so shocked that I agree?” natatawang sabi ko.

“I just didn’t expect that I will convince you today. I was expecting a lot of private dinners and meetings to get you agree with me in this,” masayang sabi niya na waring proud na proud sa sarili dahil sa aking pagpayag.

“Tssk, tssk!” I said smugly, wagging my pointing finger at him while sipping my wine.  “Don’t celebrate just yet, Sir Finnel. Before we go on discussing this devious scheme of yours, we have some things to go over. Well, first, tell me if they have kids together,” walang kung anu-anong tanong ko.

Saglit siyang nag-isip, pilit inaalala ang tamang infos. “I knew about her pregnancy but I’m not sure if she kept it or not. If you’ll ask me, I don’t give a damn if she aborted the baby. I’ll have my private investigator to check on it. Why did you ask?” tanong niya na puno ng kuryusidad.

The nerve of this guy! Ang sama talaga ng budhi! Walang pakialam sa apo niya! Maghunos-dili ka Cataleya! You’ll have your revenge later!