1 🍃

Ja'Lina Abreia Reid 🌻                     ________

                     ________

        Kingston, Jamaica 🇯🇲

"Lina" I heard someone whisper. I simply ignored them and rolled to the other side of my bed and tried to continue sleeping. I hated when people woke me out of my sleep.

"Lina" they whispered louder. "What" I groaned stuffing my head in between my two pillows.

"Do mi a fava, let ya mamma kno mi gonna be gone da rest of da week. I got some bizniz to handle" my dad said.

"Why don't you just tell her yourself" I sat up and pushed my shoulder length hair from my face, and quickly glanced to my left at my alarm clock to see that it was going on 2:00 in the morning.

"We arguing again. She blocked mi numba for da third time dis week"

" Yea, I'll tell her" I mumbled laying back down, I was completely over this conversation.

Growing up I always wanted a relationship similar to my parents. They were high school sweethearts, they fell in love their freshman year of high school and had been together since. The love they had for each other was unconditional.

My father treated my mother like a queen while she catered to him like a king. They were the ideal couple up until march of last year.

They began arguing more and my mom began picking up more hours at work. Meanwhile, my father rarely showed up around the house to spend time with his children. I basically was the one taking care of myself and my twin brothers Jamonie and Damon.

" Thanks baby, that's why you've always been mi favorite" he smiled

I smiled small before closing my eyes. "wait abreia', one more ting"  he stated calling me by my middle name, which he only did when he wanted someting.