2 🍃

Kingston, Jamaica 🇯🇲

          Ja'Lina Abreia Reid🌻                    _________

_________

Two days later, Wednesday

The morning was gloomy. It was currently 6:59 am, and I had decided to try and start my day and enjoy it since it would be my last day in Jamaica. I jumped in the shower and threw on a simple black shirt and jeans with the necklace my father gave me on my fifth birthday.

I slowly walked past the twins rooms to hear the shower running , mom was surprisingly home and up on the phone

I could hear her talking about moving to Canada and quickly tuned her out. As I walked downstairs I seen everything was cleaned up and placed where it once was.

I grabbed a banana and sat down texting Rina and nova back and forth. I haven't told them yet that I would be leaving , but I planed to go out with them today. We were going swimming , then out to eat. I wanted to spend my last full day here with them having fun.

My mom came downstairs looking pitiful. She had dark circles under her eyes, the bruise under her eye had gotten darker but the swelling on her lip had went down tremendously.

Rina texted me saying she was here with nova while mom informed me she would be taking my brothers to school today.

I grabbed my phone and bag and headed outside. I climbed in the front seat and hugged Rina for five minutes enjoying her presence. Rina was who I would miss the most. We grew up together, she was my only female friend. Being without her for who knows how long is going to drive me crazy.

She looked at me crazy but rubbed my back while she hugged me.

I pulled away and leaned back and hugged nova as well enjoying the smell of his signature cologne.

"I really love y'all." I smiled sadly.

They gave me weird looks before laughing causing me to laugh as well.