10 🍃

Kaiden 💪🏽
_______
Monday night, Toronto

                     Kaiden 💪🏽                    _______Monday night, Toronto

"Aye bruh, you seen this?" I raised my brow and leaned forward in the chair. Me and Dave were currently in the studio working on our upcoming mixtape.

I was scrolling through my Instagram feed while we took a quick break, when I ran across some life changing shit.

"Nah, seen what"

"Bruh, come here and look" I began getting hype when I realized this shit was actually legit.

"Man, my nigga you trippin'" he sighed getting up

"Look for yourself so I know I'm not trippin'" I chuckled in disbelief and tossed him my phone

"Yooooooo" he yelled jumping around

"Dead fucking ass bro. This nigga Drake actually posted a video of him listening to your song."

" man, this shit can't be real life." He cheesed

Drake posted a video of him and his crew playing Dave's remix of his song free smoke featuring me. He said In the caption that we needed to collab soon and tagged us.

"You know how big this is man." I yelled, this could really be our big break

"Man, I fucking know. Im about to dm this nigga real quick to see if this shit is legit" he mumbled and began texting on his phone.

Dray our producer walked back in the room geeked as hell. "Aye yo, y'all seen this shit drake just posted right?" He yelled

"Bro, we seen it. I can't believe this shit, I wonder how the fuck he even heard it though" I said

•••
A few days earlier

Ja'Lina 🌻
I laughed loudly at this meme  Jahron had shown me from his Twitter account.

It was currently 1:00 pm on a sunny Friday and I was chillen in Jahron's car. We had went a few places earlier and now we were in his car smoking and talking about random shit.

"Aye yoo. Lina, you wanna hear this new song I been working on for my album?" He asked before taking one last hit from the blunt.

"Yea. Sure" I shrugged getting comfortable in my seat, I don't know if it was just me but weed always made me extremely relaxed and tired.

I watched as he got the aux cord and plugged his phone up. A few minutes later his voice began to fill up the car. The beat was really nice, it kind of had a ragae type feel to it that reminded me of home.

"I love it. What's it called?" I smiled moving to the beat

"I'm thinking of naming it 'Only You'" he shrugged pulling at one of his shoulder length dreads which I noticed had become one of his habits.

"It's nice. When do you plan on dropping this Album?"

"Shit, it's no where near done yet, but I was hoping to have it done by March"

I nodded. We listened to a few more songs before I got an idea. I remembered Kai playing me one of him and Dave's recent tracks. It was a remix of drakes song 'free smoke' and since Jahron knew drake personally I felt that he could play it for drake himself if he liked it enough. I know it was a reach but it was worth a try.

"I have a song we could listen to" I smirked before grabbing his phone. I typed in the name of Dave's SoundCloud and clicked on the recent song.

As the song played, I watched Jahron's facial expressions to see if he was feeling it or not.

He remained with a straight face but slightly bobbed his head a little.

When the song went off I slightly hiked my leg up in my seat to turn towards him. "So, what do you think?"

"The song is hella nice. This is one of the best remixes I've heard so far, who's track is it?" He raised his brow at me.

"Dave's and Kaiden's" I smiled. "You lying?" He looked taken back, I shook my head no and giggled.

"They fucking spazzed on this record. I didn't even know them niggas could rap" he stated in shock.

"Yep. They're really good actually"

"Well, you know what. Ima do them a solid and help them get their music out there, give em a lil push. I know how hard it is to get known in the industry" he pulled out his phone.

"What do you mean by "giving them a push?" I frowned in confusion as he typed on his phone, then put it to his ear.

"Yo, wass' good bro" he smirked at me and placed the person he was speaking with on speaker.

I was just about to open my big mouth before I realized this wasn't just any person on the phone. It was muthafuckin' Drake bitch.

"What's happening bro. You need something? I'm actually at the gym right now" he chuckled

I leaned forward and listened intently. "I just ran into some raw talent, it's this song I wanna put you on man." He briefly responded

"Alright, send me the link bruh. I'll get back with you later"

"Fasho" Jahron responded before hanging up.

"Oh my gawd. You really didn't have to do that Jah" I smiled big before giving his a tight hug.

"Shit, it was no problem." He smiled big

"I can't believe this is a regular thing to you. You just had a whole ass phone conversation with Drake and you're so cool about it"

"Yea, Its just some shit I've gotten used to." He shrugged before starting his truck up.

"You ready to head home island girl?" He said while pulling down the road.

"Yea, we eating too? Cause I'm starving"

"I gotchu" while he drove I sat quiet in my thoughts.

I wanted to run home and tell Kai but I didn't want to jinx it. Drake was a busy celebrity. Who knows if he would ever payed the song any mind. I didn't want to get their hopes up so I decided to stay quiet and let the situation run its course.

What ever was meant to happen, would happen.