Chapter 12.

A/N: gotta thank imanikae because she literally helped me plan this whole book 🙃

Flaw: June 2nd, 2014

Devyn Cheng

I flipped my hair around in the mirror trying to get used to it. I had just left the salon and I was now in my car checking out my sew in. It was my first day off since we got back from New York last week and I was putting it all into pampering myself. Work had me going crazy. I was pulling shifts left and right to make up for the time I took off. I was tired now but it would pay off on pay day.

My phone started ringing so I answered. "Yes?"

"Hey what time are you coming?" Alexis asked me. I told her earlier I was coming to get her if she wasn't busy so we could get our nails done. I planned on paying for her nails and toes since it was basically for her graduation in a few days.

"Um, i'm actually about to be on the road in like two seconds" I chuckled starting up my car.

"How far away are you? I'm not dressed yet. I need like twenty minutes" she panicked.

"Calm down. I can wait. I'm not rushing you" I laughed.

She sighed. "Sorry, my family is really impatient. I panic when I feel i'm going to have people waiting."

"Its cool. It's probably going to take me like thirty minutes to get there anyway. Its mid-day but traffic is horrible" I said to her.

"Okay, I'll definitely be ready" she said and we said our goodbyes before hanging up.

It took me well over thirty minutes to make it to the house. Alexis was waiting outside and came to get in the car as soon as I pulled up.

"Hi" she grinned.

"Hey, whats up?" I smiled back at her and started driving.

"Nothing. I've been so busy. I'm so happy i'm finally done with school" she said clapping her hands. "Thank God."

"You're going to college right?" I asked her.

She nodded. "UCLA."

"I know people that went there" I said to her.

"My brother goes there already. He'll probably annoy me but at least i'll know somebody besides people from high school" she shrugged. "Where'd you go?"

"Nowhere. I took a year off and it eventually turned into me just not going. My mom was mad at me for like ever but she got over it" I shrugged.

"Yeah my mom would kill me. She only didn't kill Justice because he was already modeling and stuff" she laughed.

When she mentioned Justice, I suddenly started to miss him. I hadn't seen him for more than like an hour at a time since we got back since I was working so much. Maybe today i'd finally get to see him.

Alexis and I finally got to the nail salon and after we were greeted, we both went straight to picking out a color. I picked up three different colors I liked and took a picture to send them to Justice.

To: Big Baby 💖
Which?

I was hoping he actually responded in time. He was doing a shoot today so his phone wasn't likely to be on him. There were a few people in front of Lex and I though so maybe he'd get back to me.

"I think i'm going to do white" Lex said to me.

"On your toes too?" I asked her.

"I don't think i'm gonna do toes" she looked down and shook her head.