~three

CHAPTER THREE
real life
_____

"who are you? i ask justin in a scared voice.

"don't be frightened. my name is phillip." justin answered, extending his hand. i decline the offer by stepping back a bit. justin put his hand in is pocket, kindly accepting the regret, "who are you, might i ask?"

"aurora." i shyly say.

"that's a very pretty name for a very pretty girl." justin said. i went off script by blushing at his words.

"why thank you." i say to the smiling boy.

"aurora!" mrs. gracia says from her seat, imitating someone from the castle calling me to come back.

"i should go. it was a pleasure meeting you, phillip." i walk backwards, still locking eyes with him.

"wait will i see you again?" justin calls from the other side of the stage, but im off star before he could answer me

"cut!" mrs. garcia says into the megaphone. i run back onstage and justin centers himself out, "great job guys! next!"

we walk off stage into the wings to wait until auditions were over.

"not too bad foley." i turn my head to him to see him already looking at me.

"you aren't too shabby yourself." i laugh at his words.

is it bad that i want us both to get the part?

~

the next day

i walk in the rusty doors of liberty high to see a group of kids surrounding the door to the auditorium. i walk through the crowd of people to see what the commotion was.

as i was making my way through, some people were looking at me with a jealous look in their eye.

i arrive at the door and see a list posted with a bunch of names on it.

SLEEPING BEAUTY CAST
aurora-rylee hill
prince phillip- justin foley
flora- hannah baker
fauna- sherri
merryweather- courtney crimson
maleficent- skye

SMALLER ROLE AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD IN THE AUDITORIUM AT
LUNCH B.

i'm playing aurora. justin's playing phillip. could this day get better?
_____

ooooo jess is gonna be mad!