twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY
real life

_____

"okay rylee, what's up." hannah says, shoving a spoon of ice cream in her mouth, while jeff sits next to us, playing with the strings on my rug.

"so justin came to my house and we went to the beach and he asked me to be his girlfriend.." i stop at the end waiting for a reply before i continue.

"and what did you say?" jeff asks me.

"i said yes." i softly whisper.

"continue on with the story." hannah mumbles with a mouth full of ice cream, waving her spoon in a circle towards my face.

"jess found out, probably because of my instagram, and i told her that i'm dating justin whether she liked it or not and that she couldn't change that. she then texted i know i can't change that, but i can change one thing." i show the two teenagers the previous text messages i had with jess.

"well what's that one thing?" jeff says, handing me back my phone.

"i don't know."

•••

i slam my car door shut, tired from all the thinking that went on last night.

the blue banged up doors creak open with ease as i enter the school.

i see a group of kids in a half circle, laughing at something that looks to be a locker.

recognizing the area, i push through the crowd to find my locker with the word "SLUT" painted in big red words.

i turn around to see jessica laughing with a smug smile on her face, holding a paintbrush with dried red paint on it.

"oops." she giggles out. i run out of the student infested area, yet again pushing the blue rackety doors open with tears now freely falling down my face.

"rylee?" i walk past the voice and run to my car, not looking back.

justin's p.o.v.

rylee whips past me, racing to her car. i turn my head to the crowd of kids and stomp towards it.

"really jess?" i yell at a giggling jess.

"oh please justin you believe it too

"oh please justin you believe it too. she probably has four other guys under her arm." she answers. all i do is scoff in reply, turning towards the doors to find rylee, one of the only trustworthy people left in this world.

_____