twenty eight

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
real life

_____

"good morning ms. hill." the doctor struts into my room and i avert my gaze up to her, "today you are scheduled to go home. do you have a ride?"

"yes my boyfriend is picking me up." i reply. i couldn't help the flutter in my stomach from calling him my boyfriend.

"alright, you're welcome to leave when he gets here. and don't touch those!" she smiles unwrapping my left wrist revealing the scars. i smile back at her and return my gaze to my phone.

you're picking me up right?

justy
just got here :)

okay. see you in a bit xoxo

i hesitated to shut my phone off. my mom has been out on a so called "business trip" for a while and doesn't know what i did since she hasn't been home.

i get snapped out of my thoughts by justin walking in, "hey babe."

"babe? since when did that become a thing?" i laugh, admiring him.

"sorry, just a reflex." he laughs back, looking down at me.

"ready to get out of this place?" justin extends his arm, indicating for me to take his hand

"ready." i grab his hand and we walk out of the room. we get into justin's car and i roll the windows down to finally feel the breeze again.

i unbuckle my seatbelt and stand up, my head going through the sun roof.

"woooo!" i yell, my arms stretched out and my head leaning back. i see a stop light up ahead so i fall back down into the seat with a big smile on my face.

"the road is up there." i say to justin, knowing that he was looking at me.

"sorry, i just missed being in your presence and seeing you all the time." he smirks at me and grabs my hand with the one he wasn't driving with, and softly kisses my small hand.

we arrive at my house and i hastily open the door, starving for something to eat.

as i'm walking around the kitchen, i noticed that something was off.

"uh justin, where are all the knifes?" i say looking around at the empty knife rack.

"i hid them." he says with a strait face.

"you really think i would try to do that again?" i cross my arms and start to get annoyed. all he did was shrug.

"jeez justin, thanks for helping. you really made this whole situation better by hiding the damn knifes." i scoff.

"well rylee, you could think wrong or you might be tempted to try that again so i had to hide them." his voice raises a little bit.

"do you not trust me? i said i'm not ever going to do it again!" i yell, my eyebrows furrowed.

"no i'm just scared for you! something like that can happen and i'm not letting it under any circumstances!" he shouts back. he groans in anger as the room becomes heated.

"oh so you're mad? you're mad at me?" i sarcastically snap.

"yes rylee! i'm mad at you because i'm scared for you! i'm mad at you because i want you to be safe! i'm mad at you because i can't lose you! i'm mad at you because i love you!" his scream echos the house. my face softens and he looks red from embarrassment.

"w-what?" i manage to get out without chocking on my words. he turns around and starts to walk away before i run after him and grab the back of his shirt to spin him around, my lips crashed onto his.

it was slow and passionate. we both pulled away slowly and my eyes open as slow as ever.

"i love you too."

_____