~ten

CHAPTER TEN
real life
a/n: i request listening to couple of kids by maggie lindemann for this chapter!

_____

"need a ride?" i say to the boy while pulling up in front of him.

"yeah. yeah i think i do." he says, entering the passenger side.

"want to go to the beach to go over our lines?" i ask the boy, pulling my sunglasses over my eyes.

"sure. thank you, rylee." he replies.

"you're welcome, justin."

"you're joking? you're actually joking?" i laugh.

"i'm not! zach has a basketball that he practices kissing on!" i laugh even harder as justin tells me the story of his best friend. once we died down i sat in the sand, the substance getting into the crevices of my shorts.

"it's so pretty out tonight." i pull my knees into my chest and lean my head on justin's shoulder.

"yeah the sunset looks so pretty." we sit in a comfortable silence for a while.

"how are things with your mom?" i say, fiddling with the sand.

"i don't know if she cares about me. you shouldn't have to guess whether or not someone cares about you." he replied in melancholy tone.

"do you care about me?" i blurt out. i avoid eye contact and sit in embarrassment from the question i just asked. justin lightly places his pointer finger under my chin, forcing me to face him.

without hesitation, he closed the gap between us and placed his soft lips on mine and passionately kissed me.

we slowly pulled away and he rested his forehead against mine.

"you don't know how long i've wanted to do that rylee. yes, i do care about you, more then you will know. i've been thinking about this for a long time and i don't want to be with jess, i want to be with you," he says pulling away, intensely looking in my eyes and holding my hands, "rylee i've known you for a long time, but got closer to you this year and i know what i'm about to say will make jess, most of liberty high, maybe even you hate me, but rylee, i really really really like you, goddammit!"

at first i just sit there looking at him. then, i detach my hands from his and place them on his face, crushing his lips to mine once again.

"i really really really like you too." i whisper in between breaths.

"then let's make something out of it then. i'll break up with jess so i can be with you rylee." he says pulling away so he could clearly talk.

"let's do it." is all i say before connecting our lips once more.

_____

omg guys there are so many reads on this book so far! thank you!