Handled

Tom stomped through the streets, searching for Matt. He spotted him sitting on the ledge and walked over. Matt looked back and Tom gripped his shirt collar, pulling him up. He was quite small, but was extremely strong, similar to Edd.

"Listen. I don't know who you think you are, but if I find out you hurt Edd in any way, you'll wish you were dead."

Matt panicked, pushing him away. "What's your problem?!"

"My problem is you. You're a siren, and since you're clearly so close to Edd, you know what happened to his parents."

"I can't fix that! It wasn't my fault!"

"You're still one of them. You have the capability to hurt him."

"If it wasn't for me, he'd be dead!" Matt yelled, his eyes turning red.

He scoffed, looking at his eyes. "Just like a siren to let their emotions take over." He shoved Matt a bit. "Why don't you just swim back to wherever the hell you came from?"

Quick footsteps could be heard as Edd ran towards them. "Tom, leave him alone!" He ran up to them, pulling Tom back by the arm.

"He's a siren. He can't be trusted." He yanked his arm away and stepped closer, making Matt step backwards. "I bet if I push him enough, he'll throw me right off of this ledge. Won't you, Matt?"

Matt shoved him away, walking forward away from the edge. Tom punched him and they began fighting.  Edd went to pull them apart when he was punched in the chest, sending him flying backwards and skidding across the ground.

"EDD!" Matt shrieked, pushing Tom away and scrambling over to him. Edd held back cries as he looked at his knee, which was scraped and bleeding.

"Oh, goodness..." Matt grabbed a cloth from the laundry bag he had nearby and wrapped it around his knee.

"Are you okay, Matt?" Edd saw a few scrapes on him, but Matt ignored them.

"I'm fine. Right now, you're my top priority." He kissed Edd's forehead. "Let's get you home and cleaned up, don't want that getting infected." He picked up the laundry bag, lifted Edd up and carried him. Tom was completely shocked, and followed them home.

Matt set Edd down on a chair and grabbed a metal bucket, filling it with water. He dipped a rag in the water, wrung it out, and cleaned up Edd's knee. Edd winced a few times, shaking.

"I need you to stay still, okay?" Matt looked at him and held his hand, then went back to cleaning his injury. He grabbed some bandages and wrapped his knee up. Tom was watching, silent as Matt fixed Edd up. Matt got a clean rag and wiped down his own injuries. He looked at Tom.

"You alright? Need some help?"

"N-No, I'm... I'm fine, I've got it..." He pulled up a chair, taking the bandages and wrapping his wounds. Edd looked over at Matt, whose eyes were still a bit red. Matt stood to dump out the dirty water and wash out the rags.

"Matt... You alright?"

"Just perfect." He put the laundry bag on the ground near the door so he'd remember to take it.

"Doesn't look like it." Edd stood and Matt rushed over.

"Edd, careful!" He sat him back down. "You're injured, I don't want you walking on that leg until it's healed..."

"It's just a scraped knee. I'll be fine if I take a few steps."

Matt sighed, and Edd stood, quickly kissing him. His eyes returned to their normal state, and Edd grinned. Matt went into the kitchen, quite flustered, and Tom followed him. Matt walked to wash the dishes and Tom walked up behind him, startling Matt and making the scales disappear from his arms.

"What do you want?" He put the plate he was holding down, looking back at him.

"You... Really care about him..."

"Yeah, I do. What about it?" Matt continued washing the dishes.

"Never thought sirens could... Could care..."

"Well, we can..." He continued the dishes, not looking at Tom. "Why'd you attack me when you found out I was a siren..?"

"Because I was scared. I was scared you'd hurt Edd... Clearly that's not the case... I'm sorry."

Matt sighed. "It's... It's alright." He put the dishes away, and walked out to the living room, where Edd was sitting. Edd looked at Tom, who seemed quite angry with himself. Edd stared out the window and saw the sun setting.

"Tom, you need somewhere to stay for the night?"

"Uh... I-I'm fine... I can get home." Tom walked to the door, waving to Edd. "See you later."

"Bye, Tom!" Edd grinned as Tom left the house. Matt relaxed his tensed shoulders and let out a sigh of relief. Edd looked over at him, and Matt grabbed a chair, sitting and rubbing his face. "You alright, Matt?"

"Yeah, I'm alright, it's just... Tom's attitude towards sirens bothers me. He apologized, and I appreciate that, but... I still don't really feel safe around him."

"I'll talk to him, alright..? It's getting late, though, so I'm heading to bed " He stood and walked over, kissing Matt's forehead and going to his room.

Matt sat alone in the living room. He stared out at the moon, thinking. He grabbed a coat from the rack and stepped out of the house into the cool air.