Chapter 14

"Ema, will you come to America with me?" 

The earnest eyes that looked at her directly, unfaltering for even a second. Her eyes widened in surprise by his sudden request. She loved him and knew her feelings were true, but knowing him, America wasn't just going to be a simple vacation. 

"A-America?" she stuttered.

At Sunrise Residence~

The brothers had been searching all over for their little sister only for there not to be a single clue as to where she disappeared off to. Knowing her, she could've called a taxi but considering that she ran out in a haste, she couldn't have disappeared far. The sun had long set and the moon was high in the sky with twinkling stars accompanying it. 

"Anybody's found her yet?" Natsume asked, panting. 

"No," Kaname replied, shaking his head. 

"I went around by car and didn't see her," Ukyo replied.

"She wasn't in the vicinity either," Masaomi added. 

The brothers sighed as they went back inside, considering how late it was. Wataru had been tucked to bed before they went out. Masaomi checked on Wataru and seeing the redness that surrounded his eyes,  he must've cried himself to sleep. Masaomi closed the door and exited to the living room. It was already 11 p.m. 

"No clue whatsoever?" Azusa asked as he stood in the living room. 

They all shook their head, each one looking as worn out as the other. Now that she was nowhere to be found, they all felt the guilt rising up inside of them. They just wanted time to think about their response to the whole situation and faltered in their decisions a little. They talked about family but in the end, it was them that drew the line between them and her. The elevator bell rang and out stepped Iori. 

"Iori, you're back," Kaname said with a satisfied smile. 

Iori nodded his head, his face even more gloomier than the one he had left the house with. 

"Still nothing?" Louis asked. 

Iori shook his head as he strayed towards the sofa and sat at the edge of it, exhausted. 

"I gave a call to Mama and Rintarou-san," Hikaru said with a serious face. 

"What did he say?" Subaru asked.

"He seemed pretty panicked. Mama was also panicking as well. After all, little sister is gone," he said with her eyes drawn to the floor. 

They all looked down in despair. Hearing that Hikaru had contacted Ema's father, despite the fact that they weren't even blood-related, was enough to drag them down. At the wedding, they had seen how close Ema and him were and from his perspective, it was probably all their fault that Ema was missing. Just as they were thinking about what to do next, an unexpected guest arrived. 

"Juli..." Louis said in surprise as he stood up almost instantly. 

Standing in front of them was Juli, Ema's pet squirrel. Not once had they heard the elevator door bell ring and they were sure it didn't. Mysteriously, he had appeared before them with a stoic face. 

"How did you get in?" Yuusuke shouted, obviously shocked. 

Juli remained silent. There was no look on his face besides a blank one. He was neither angry or smiling. Just the regular squirrel that they always saw. Then suddenly, he opened his mouth and began to speak.

"If you're looking for Chii, just give it up." 

The brothers were all pretty obviously freaked out as to how he was talking, with the exception of Louis and Iori. However, their intensity to know the whereabout of their little sister overwhelmed that of their curiosity.