Chapter 15

It's been more than a year and little to anyone's surprise, once they heard that Ema was going to the States with Ren, the whole entire special department also made their way to the States. They had gotten their diploma early considering the fact that they were more than capable enough to go to university. As said before, Ren had successfully signed a contract with his new business partner and was in the midst of building the hotels. However, what shocked the business partner the most was that other businesses would participate as well. Needless to say, it was the special department. 

Ai was going to be in charge of the interior decor, Hiroto and Seiji were to be part of the entertainments within the hotel, Seien would be in charge of training the security guards, Ryuu would be in charge of installing security cameras, and Ema helped with the loans, funds, and games that were to be included in the hotel. 

"Thanks for your hard work," Ema said as she came upon Ren at his office with a cold can of orange soda. 

"Thanks," Ren smiled as he took the orange soda and gave a light peck on Ema's cheek. 

"How's it going?" Ema asked as she looked at the computer. 

"I was looking at the public surveys and the funds from the first hotel and it seemed like it's not going as well as I planned," Ren said in confusion as he furrowed his brows. 

He seemed menacing before with his auburn red hair and red-orange eyes, but now as he wore glasses, he seemed more intimidating than ever. But seeing his troubled look, Ema giggled at seeing how cute he looked. Ren glanced towards her and cocked his head to the side, not knowing why she was laughing. 

"Let me see," she said as she took ahold of the computer. 

Seeing how close she was, Ren couldn't help but grab her by the waist and pull her down onto his lap. Ema, caught by surprise, squealed a little. 

"W-What are you doing, Ren?" she said in a hushed whisper. 

Ren grinned satisfyingly as he saw her response. "Isn't it much better to sit and work instead of standing up?" he asked with a mischievous look. 

Ema blushed before pouting and looking away from him, settling herself down comfortably onto his lap before typing away at the computer. Seeing how cute she was on her lap, he wrapped his arms around her and laid his head on top of hers. 

"You're heavy..." Ema mumbled. 

"You're just too cute," Ren replied. 

Ema blushed harder before focusing back onto her work. 

"Where's your usual knight, Ema? The one that always fusses whenever I do something?" Ren asked. 

"If you're talking about Juli, he's currently with Ai and Seien. They're feeding him treats if I remember correctly," Ema replied, continuing to type on the computer. "Oh. Found it."

"What did you find?" Ren asked, leaning in to have a better look. 

"This," Ema said, pointing it out on the screen. "Someone had put in a negative sign by accident while typing it onto the computer. That's why the graph looked like that. Now if we change it..."

Ema began clicking and typing before pressing the save button. 

"There, now the graph is a'ok," she said with a proud smile. 

Ren leaned back and sighed with Ema in his arms. "I can't believe the person who made this graph. How the hell did he make such a amateur mistake? I'll have to go ask someone to lecture that person." 

Ema laughed. "Just don't be too harsh on them." 

Ren chuckled. "What are you talking about? I'm really nice to my workers." 

Ema shook her head as she thought back to when Ren suspended a worker just from the company just for printing out the wrong documents for a meeting. She was almost eighteen while he was eighteen and they laid there in thought, thinking about how time passes by so much.

"Have you been keeping in contact with them?" Ren asked out of the blue.

"Yeah," Ema replied with a soft smile. "Time to time, Papa calls back and tells me about them. He's still traveling around with Miwa-san. I wish he could stop by from time to time so that I can see him and Miwa-san."

"Then how about we force them to come over and stop by for a period of time?" Ren asked with a mischevious grin.

"What do you mean?" Ema asked, confused.

"You're still as dense as always, huh, Ema?" Ren remarked as he got up and placed Ema back onto his president's seat. "What I mean is...Hinata Ema, will you do me the honor of marrying me?" 

He had kneeled onto the floor and pulled out a ring with a heart shaped diamond on it. Ema stared at him wide-eyes before making sense of what had just happened.

"You mean...you want to marry me?" she asked, tears starting to pile. 

"Hinata Ema, this is my promise to you. I love you and only you. No one else can replace you and I swear eternal loyalty to you. So I'll say this again. Will you marry me?" he asked, anticipation written all over his face. 

Ema slowly began to smile, her cheeks blushing as her eyes brimmed with happiness. She nodded her head.

"Is that a yes?" he asked knowingly.

She continued nodding her head before shouting out a definite, "Yes!" 

As she answered that, the door burst open which revealed everyone who had been peeping behind the door. Hearing the proposal, they were all celebrating and cheering with the exception of a really devastated Juli. Despite that, Juli congratulated Ren even though he might not understand what he had said. Either way, the feelings were conveyed across through sign language and everyone was beginning to hurry about and plan everything from the decor to the honeymoon. 

She was truly happy and knew that no matter what, these happy days would continue on. She had a man that truly loved her and she had close friends that would help and hear her out anytime. If there was anything she owed to her "brothers", it was the fact that they had taught her for the first time what happiness felt like with others.