Chapter 2

"So what are you going to do now?"

Daniel said, interrupting my train of thoughts. That's exactly what I was thinking.

What am I going to do?

I had no intentions about lying in the first place, and therefore I had no idea of what my next plan would be.

"I don't know," I paused momentarily as I sighed, "I am so doomed right now."

"Well, you should just tell them the truth, I guess."
He shrugged at his own idea.

It might be a good idea if only my stupid cousins didn't set up another date for our family gathering just to introduce my 'boyfriend' to the whole family. Guess whose idea was that? Of course it's our devil queen, Han Kyungmi. And now I have exactly one month before the next family gathering.

Ugh this is so stressful.

I ended up sighing again, but this time, it sounded more like a groan. "If that Kyungmi didn't plan for our next gathering that would be the best thing I would do. But now, things had gotten even worse than it was. And besides, my grandmother said she's happy for me, I can't just disappoint her and tell her it was all a lie."

"Hmm this is a bit difficult," Daniel said as he went to follow me who started to walk towards the lake nowhere further from the bench he sat before.
"Now I finally realized," he paused before saying,

"That you are actually way more dumber than what I thought you were."

"YAH!" I slapped his shoulder only to earn another bad compliment about myself.

"To actually think that you are a wise person was an understatement." He laughed.

"Ha.Ha. Funny," I said, showing him my annoyed face that I would always show him whenever he made fun of me. "And to actually think that you are a good friend of mine was also an understatement." I walked a little faster than before leaving him behind. I could hear him apologizing to me saying it was just a part of his joke.

I wasn't actually mad at him, it's just that I was not in the right mood to joke around at that moment.

I stopped on my tracks when I heard Daniel said something about helping me.

"Okay. Okay. I'll help you."

"How?"

"I don't know."

Did he think I wasn't being serious about this?

His reply made my expression went a bit darker that he immediately backed away a few steps, raising both of his hands up in surrender.

"Okay! I'll think of another way." He said, almost yelling as he saw the way I was sulking at him. Daniel then went to lean his back on the fences that was surrounding the lake.

"You know, things like this isn't suppose to be a huge matter. All you need to do is just find yourself a fake boyfriend and introduce him to them during the gathering. It's as simple as that." He said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, I had thought of that before. But the problem is, who would want to be my fake boyfriend? It's not like I have that much of a friend," I thought that since I don't have many acquaintance, it would be a lot harder to find someone who would willingly act as my boyfriend. The only friend I have is Daniel.

Which reminds me..

I then eyed him, and in response to my action, Daniel eyed me back suspiciously.

"Well unless you would want to act as my-" he gasped as he disagreed completely to what I was planning even before I could finish explaining to him. It's like he could read through my mind.

"If you're asking me to act as your boyfriend, then my answer is NO. You know how Minkyung gets jealous easily, if she finds out about this plan, she'll definitely kill me."

I suddenly remember that one time Minkyung, Daniel's girlfriend, thought he was cheating on her with me, it took him days to persuade her that I am just his junior who happened to be his close friend and that nothing's going on between the two of us except for the fact that we are that close like a real sibling. I suddenly shivered remembering how scary she could be.

"Then you should inform her earlier! She wouldn't be mad if she knows right? And besides, didn't you already told her that the both of us are just friends."

"I did but, she still doubts you. It's not that easy when it comes to Minkyung. If I told her about this, she'll definitely ask me too many questions and we'll just end up fighting." He replied.

"Then what should I do know? This plan would be useless if you couldn't help me."

"Who said that I couldn't help you?" He started of which drew my attention back to him.

"I'll find you someone who will act as your boyfriend." He smirked at me, proud that he came up with an idea.

"Oh no no no, if that someone you meant before was one of your classmates, then I have to disagree with you. Most of them are jerks. No offense but I'm saying the truth."

Not only they are jerks but most of them also have a little bit of an attitude. I don't care whether they're my seniors or not, but they should respect other people too. That time I saw a group from his classmates called that one disabled junior by names to the point they made him cry. Not only that, rumor has it that most of them not only the girls but also the guys, are known for being the bad mouths of the school as they tend to criticize other people based on their looks, sizes and other imperfections. In other words they are like that 'one hell of a class'.

Nonetheless I'm glad Daniel isn't like that, he's like the only good guy from that class. This one and a half year I'm being friends with him, never had I heard him criticizing other people or even called them names.

Speaking of Kang Daniel, he was a senior of mine by one year. I met him in a cooking club I joined two months after entering the school though I had no idea what he was doing in there as he's the only male student who I saw joined the club, and considering the fact he had no talent in cooking, that time I believed he registered the wrong club. One day we had to partnered up for a baking task which I remembered I'd done it alone while he was taking note since he told me he have no single knowledge about baking and at the same time asked for my guidance.

He told me that he really wanted to learn baking cause the girl he had a crush on who's now his official girlfriend, likes pastries very much. I thought that was the cutest thing I've ever heard of. And from that time onwards, I became his teacher. Every time I would bump into him in the hallways of school, he would greet me and that's how we eventually became good friends.

Back to the story, Daniel laughed at how hilarious my opinion about his classmates was that he agreed to it.

"I promise you I'll find someone who have decent attitude."

End of chapter