Chapter 24

"Are really you sure you can do it?" I asked Hyeong Seop as I looked towards his way.

"Of course I can. This is a peace of cake." He said with confidence whilst finishing tying the shoe laces.

After we had done eating, Hyeong Seop and I decided to walk around when suddenly the huge ice rink in the middle of Lotte World caught my attention.

Honestly, the moment we stepped inside Lotte World, the ice rink was the first thing that caught my eyes as it was too big not to notice. Added to that, it was located exactly at the center of the huge building.

Seeing those people skating and balancing themselves on the ice always amuses me and it always makes me wanted to try skating. I didn't really know how to skate but it seemed easy as I already saw many people doing it during winter especially at the parks.

Hyeong Seop noticed that I had been looking towards the ice rink for a long time so, he suggested that we should give it try. Of course I wasted no more time and immediately agreed to his offer.

Well, not after arriving at the ice rink. It was like in an instant, my confidence was no longer there and my eagerness to try skating vanished in a blink of an eye.

I was questioning whether I could really stand on the skate shoes. Knowing how I could barely balance myself the last time I rode a bicycle, I was hundred percent sure I would fall right away even before standing in those pair of shoes.

Well, it couldn't be that hard. Right? I tried to convince myself but deep inside, I was still hesitating it.

Hyeong Seop on the other hand seemed as excited as he always be and that made me wondered.

"Have you ever skate before?" I asked him and he just smiled at me.

"Yes of course. Come on let's go." He said as he stood up from his chair and off to the ice rink.

On the other hand I was starting to think if it wasn't too late to change the plan. The thought of falling on my butt in the middle of the ice rink started to scare me.

I heard Hyeong Seop calling for my name. He was already inside the rink, moving here and there without any problems.

Hyeong Seop leaned on the bars that separated the ice rink from the floor as he was facing me who was sitting in front of him.

"U-Uh I think I'd be fine if I just sit here and watch." I smiled sheepishly, starting to take off the skating shoes.

"Why? Is you're stomach still cramping?"

"A-Ani. It's just that- I-" By the time I said it, Hyeong Seop was already walking to me.

"It's just-" I paused for a moment. Hyeong Seop sat himself beside me.

"I can't skate." I finished my words, looking down at my hands fiddling each other on my laps.

"It's okay. I can teach you. Put on your shoes back."

"N-No. I mean, I really didn't know how to skate. What if-"

"I'll help you, kaja." He stood up then held his hand in front of me.

A frown was then spread across his face when he saw I was just sitting there. I was too scared. I never thought skating would be this terrifying in really life. It does look easier when I saw other people doing.