Chapter 26

It was a rather peaceful day at school. The teachers were having a meeting that moment and I couldn't seem to wait until break time to meet Daniel and tell him everything that happened the day before.

I was too eager.

"-and then he pulled me and-" I couldn't seem to control myself any longer. The moment I decided to meet Daniel by the school's garden during break time, I could no longer control myself but to spill everything to him.

He needed to listen.

"And?" Minkyung who wanted to tag along with us asked me as I suddenly stopped blabbering.

And he kissed me. My mind was telling me to proceed talking but then I was too shy to tell them. It was too obvious as my face was starting to heat up and there's no doubt that I was already as red as a tomato.

"A-And a-about that- i-it's not that important."

"If it's not that important then why are you blushing?" Teased Daniel.

"Daeun, spill it."

"Fine. I don't really remember what happened but w-we k-kissed?" It sounded more like a question to me. I saw as the both of them froze on their spots as if they had seen a ghost when Minkyung suddenly let out a loud gasp.

"Jinjja!?" She asked and I nodded my head shyly.

"He took my first kiss." I muttered under my breathe. I bowed my head down, feeling utterly shy.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Daniel said after a while. I rose my head up to look at him, as my brows were already furrowed, confused of what he was trying to say.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on, he kissed you. Doesn't that mean the both of you have the same feelings towards each other? Why don't you just confess to him?" He said and I could already sense the frustrations coming from his tone of voice.

"A-Ah I-I'm not sure about that. I mean- he didn't kiss me because he wanted to. I know he did that because he was trying to shut my cousins up. Y-Yeah, that's right. He was just helping me. Nothing more than that.

Besides, I shouldn't keep my hope to high. I-It was just a kiss. Hyeong Seop would probably think like that too. And I'm sure it was not that important to him." I could feel my heart slowly crushed as I said my parts though I couldn't really understand why. It felt like I didn't want to believe everything that I said.

But nonetheless, I tried to shrug that feeling away.

"Are you sure?" Daniel asked me, looking directly to my eyes. I nodded my head but somehow my heart was telling me that I was still doubting it.

"You shouldn't be so sure about that. You'll never know what he had in his mind." Somehow hearing what Daniel told me convinced me a bit to the point I started to see some hope. But still, I shouldn't keep it too high or else I'm the one who'll be disappointed.

"And Daeun-ah, it isn't just a kiss. It's your first kiss. I'm sure it was Hyeong Seop's first too. Keep that in mind. It must've meant something to you, to both of you."

I frowned at his words. None of it made sense to me.

How was he so sure that the kiss meant something to Hyeong Seop?

Daniel stood up which was then followed by Minkyung.

"Well a word of advice for you," his words gained my attention.