Chapter 3

28 days had passed.

I only have two days left before the family gathering where I would be introducing my 'boyfriend' to my cousins, but it seemed like Daniel hasn't found anyone suitable enough for this task.

For the past 28 days, I kept on disturbing him, asking him about his progress on finding a decent guy who would help me, but he always gave me excuses saying he'll introduce me to this one specific guy he'd been keeping an eye on later, and later seemed longer than it was.

I grew impatient as the day kept on getting closer. At certain point, I started to think that this specific guy he meant was never exist. But I kept on reminding myself to trust him, and besides, he promised me already. Daniel is very trustworthy and he would never break his promise.

The next day.

I was looking at my wrist watch, it showed exactly 4:46 p.m in the afternoon. I was waiting for Daniel for at least one and a half hour at the school's field as he promised me that he would introduce the guy to me this afternoon after school sessions had ended.

The school compound has almost been deserted, as most of the students had already gone home. From a distance I could see someone playing the basketball alone at the basketball court that was located a little bit further from the field.

I looked towards his direction, and observed how he tried to shoot at the basketball net but not even once succeeded. I tried not to laugh when the ball that he tried to shoot into the net bounced back and hit him exactly on his face. And not too long after that, he started to pack all his things that he left lying on the ground and went into the school's building.

I went back to reality when the wind breeze hits me and made me shivers.

What took this guy so long?

I hissed as I tried to make myself warm by rubbing both of my hands then place it on both of my cheeks.

After another good 10 minutes of waiting, Daniel finally came with a wide smile spread on his face.

"Hello." He greeted me, as he sat himself beside me on the bleacher, and totally ignoring the stares I was giving him.

"What took you so long? You know how long I've been waiting for you out here in this cold weather? I could've freeze to death if you didn't come within a minute."

"I forgot to tell you that I had to stay for detention for being late during my Korean Literature class. Mianhae." He sheepishly smiled after apologizing to me.

This rascal.

"Ugh. Fine. And now where's the guy you promised me? Don't tell me he went home because he thought you cancelled the plan."

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked him as soon as I noticed that he came to see me alone. I then scanned the surrounding and saw nobody was around except for the two of us. Daniel also did the same which made me worried of what I predicted was true. He then darted his eyes to the basketball court.

"I don't know, he was supposed to be waiting for me at that basketball court over there but-" He stopped when his phone suddenly vibrated.

Oh so that's the guy.

If what I thought was right, then that guy who was playing the basketball earlier should be the guy he's been talking about.

"Nae, I'll be waiting for you by the gate entrance." Daniel ended up his phone call which caught my attention.

"Come on." He said, as he proceeded to stand and walk in front of me.

"Where are we going?"

"Meeting your boyfriend of course," he said emphasizing the word boyfriend. "He said he was about to go home when he remembered about the plan, so he called me."

"You mean he hasn't went home yet?" Daniel nodded in response.

For some reason, I felt a bit nervous. It's not like I was looking forward about this meeting nor did I wanted this meeting to happen in the first place. It's just that I couldn't stop questioning myself.

What if he didn't want to help me after he personally meet me? Would he still want to help me after this first meeting? What if he thought this plan was ridiculous?

My mind was filled with so many questions that I didn't realize we already reached the front gate.

Well, nobody was around so I guess he's still in the building.

"Daniel Sunbae-nim!" I heard someone was calling for Daniel's name from the back, so the both of us turned around.

Sunbae-nim?

A ball was rolling on the floor towards my direction and from a small distance I could see a guy on the ground. Daniel laughed as he went over to the guy and helped him to stand on his feet.

"Yah! Stop tripping over something again, walk properly will you?" He said in between his laugh.

I grabbed the ball that was rolling on the floor and said, "I believe this is yours."

"Thank you." He bowed slightly to me and took the ball.
I could see he was bowing his head down, so it was hard for me to look at his face not until Daniel introduced him to me.

"So Daeun-ah, this is Hyeong Seop. Ahn Hyeong Seop." Hyeong Seop then looked towards me and showed me a smile in which I showed no reaction to. He held his hand and wait for me to shake it back, but the only thing I did was look at his hand.

Oh come on Daeun, what are you doing? Shake his hand!

Though the voice in my mind said so, I did the opposite.

Hyeong Seop held back his hand and I could hear he said an audible 'gwenchana' as a smile plastered on his face.

"Um, and Hyeong Seop-ah this is Lee Daeun, the girl who supposed to be your pretended girlfriend." Daniel smirked as I bowed my head a little, embarrassed at the way he introduced me as the pretended girlfriend.

There was a momentary silence before I dragged Daniel, away from him to discuss about a few matters.

"Hyeong Seop-shi, please excuse us for a moment." I said while grabbing Daniel with me and he nodded in response, his smile never left his lips.

After I made sure, we were are at a safe distance away from him, I asked him, "Where did you found this boy? He looked weird. Can't you find me another guy?"

"You shouldn't say like that. He's a nice guy, I met him during a charity camp I joined last two weeks, you should consider yourself lucky he's willing to help you. And just so you know, I tried persuading other guys too but the moment I mentioned your name, they plainly rejected me." Daniel said in a whispering manner.

I didn't know they hate me that much.

Maybe they don't really hate me, but just feel a bit odd being around me.

Yeah, it should be something like that. Think positive.

"How could you be so sure?" I looked at him suspiciously.

"You'll see."

End of chapter