Game Night

Chapter 10

**LIAM'S POV**

Driving to Ana's house for the leaving party the following night, I was still hung up on all Lèna had said yesterday. I knew that Harry clearly liked Ana, but she likes him back? I'm sure he's not exactly her type - and call it jealousy if you want but they definitely wouldn't be good together. He's just too... wrong for her in every way?

We were getting close to Ana's house when the conversation in the back I the car caught up to me; I was driving 9 seater van that fit us all including Zayn and Louis' girlfriends. Danielle, who was sitting to my left reached out and grabbed my hand. I smiled warmly at her and gave her hand a light squeeze. I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend this gorgeous and all I can think about is the girl I was never meant to have - my best friend and nothing more...

My best friend who likes someone she shouldn't, for no other reason than I'd prefer if she liked me.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"It's the next left up ahead mate," Harry leant forward with a gesture towards Chase Road on our left.

Is it rational to be this irritated that he knows where she lives and I don't? Probably not..

"Liam, are you okay?" Danielle asked.

Everyone else had now got out of the van, leaving just Danielle and I inside. I looked over to her, locking onto the gaze of her beautiful chocolate brown eyes. I couldn't imagine anything more perfect.

"I'm absolutely fine," I said, relaxing the muscles I didn't know we're tensed on my forehead.

I leant in to kiss her soft lips briefly before getting out of the car and walking around to her side so I could open the door for her. Maybe I was just one of those dickheads who wants something that they can't have even though thy have something already truly amazing. I'm happy with Danielle, and all these silly feelings for Ana need to stay in the past where they belong.

We stood at her front door in a massive group until some guy opened the door. My wary look was interrupted by a shout behind me.

"Jasper!!" Niall and Harry called at the same time, both rushing to the guy for a hug.

He looked to be around about early 20s; with short dark hair, blue eyes and about half a foot taller than me - a fairly intimidating sight to have open the door to your best friends house. As we all filled into the house, smiling and saying hello a thought crossed my mind: is this the reason why Ana kept rejecting Harry? Was this 'Jasper' her boyfriend?

He lead us to the front room where 3 people and Lèna were sitting on sofas talking and laughing.

"Guys this is my girlfriend Izzy," he said, putting his hands on the shoulders of a pretty girl with a blonde pixie cut and a welcoming smile.

Well that rules out that thought.

"That's Elliott over there," he continued, pointing at a guy who was basically identical to him except for his slightly longer hair.

Elliott waved kindly, with the other hand holding the hand of girl with curly blonde hair and eyes wide with shock.

"Are you guys-" Louis began.

"WE'RE NOT TWINS!" Elliott and Jasper shouted together making everyone laugh as this clearly wasn't the first time someone had asked this.

"Er, hi I'm Louise and I'm a huge fan like seriously it's so nice to meet you all and it's so weird that you're all here and I'm a huge fan and I think I've already said that and wow I'm getting tongue tied and oh my wow you guys are in the same room as me and-"