Back Home

Sherlock's POV

John woke me gently, pressing soft kisses to my forehead over and over again until I gained consciousness. His smiling face came into view, blurring around the edges. "It's time to get up, love. We're leaving for the airport in an hour."

I groaned, before finally sitting up. "I've already gotten everything together, and we took the rental car back yesterday, so the only thing left to do is load it all into the cab that's arriving later." He helped me out of bed, kissing me deeply. I sighed, relaxing against him. he chuckled, running his hands through my hair. They then began trailing up and down my spine, relaxing me further.

"I know it's early, Sherlock. But hey, when we get back home, we can just sleep. You can even sleep on the plane ride back. But for now, you've got to get dressed. I'm almost finished making breakfast." I nodded, though sleep still clouded my mind. He smiled softly, patting my shoulder lightly as he went to leave. I sighed, rubbing my face with my hands before finally getting dressed.

John had finished making breakfast by the time I was dressed. He was whistling a tune, smiling faintly. I came up behind him, winding my arms around his waist. The whistling stopped as he smiled brighter, and tilted his head back to see me.

"Glad to see you've finally awoken. This is the last bit of food, so that's nice. The cab arrives in twenty minutes," he explained and handed me a fork. We ate mostly in silence, occasionally interrupted by questions of if he'd remembered to grab certain items. Each time, he would simply smile, lean over, and kiss me before replying, yes. Yes, he'd packed the toothbrushes and the shampoo, and everything else.

After a while, I was only doing it to get more affection. He'd caught on quickly, but continued anyway, giggling. It wasn't long before we were both giggling madly, plates emptied. John finally pulled away and grabbed the plates from the counter.

He washed them, a smile still shimmering on his lips. He finished washing them and placed them back in the cupboard. "I believe that's it. We're ready to leave." I nodded, yawning. He smiled sympathetically, knowing I'd stayed up late the night before, reading through new files for the case. He'd grown tired early in the night and had gone to bed. He'd warned me not to stay up too terribly late. I hadn't taken the advice.

"This is why you shouldn't stay up late, sweetheart. What time did you come to bed?" I shrugged, not wanting to answer. His soft gaze turned to a stare when I didn't reply. His brow raised, prompting me for an answer.

"Three in the morning." It was quiet, but he heard. "Sherlock, that's not even four hours of sleep!" He spluttered, eyes going wide. "You can't do that to yourself!"

"Oh, would you look at that, John, the cab's here!" I hopped from the seat and dashed to get one of the bags. The cab really had arrived, to my luck. I heard the deep sigh John emitted, and handed him the other bag.

"You're lucky I didn't ask sooner. Otherwise, you would be in serious trouble right now." His tone turned commanding, and I grinned.

"What would you do to punish me? The only time you punish me is in the-" His hand caught my wrist, squeezing it just tight enough to catch my attention, though not hurt.

"Behave, Sherlock." His face turned to stone, then smiled warmly at the cabbie, who had stepped out to help us. My heartbeat quickened, my face flushing madly. I stuck my tongue out at him when he wasn't looking. The cabbie smiled, introducing herself as John and I placed the bags in the trunk. The cabbie stepped back into the car, and John stared back at the condo for a moment.

"You okay, John?" I asked, my hand coming down on his shoulder. He nodded, before turning to me. "Yeah. I'm just gonna miss it here, this was the perfect honeymoon." I understood the sentiment, we'd both had a lot of fun here.