Paris

AN: This one's gonna be a long one, so strap yourselves in for the fluff train. It's so so long guys this one took forever to write.

Sherlock's POV

I awoke before John, to my surprise. My face was pressed into his bare chest, his arms wrapped around me. A light snore escaped him for time to timer, his lips parted. I spotted discarded clothing on the ground and chair, a reminder of last night. I felt my lips pull upwards, a faint smile appearing. Glancing at the clock also told me that it was fairly early, nowhere the time that we would need to get up by.

I glanced back up at John, watching him. His sandy blonde hair was peppered with silver strands, but he was still beautiful. The gray hair suited him well, actually. His features were weathered, yet he still looked peaceful in slumber. In short, he was the most handsome man I'd ever seen. I didn't know how to describe him otherwise, I couldn't string together the right words to describe him. To describe John Watson-Holmes, the bravest, kindest person to ever grace the planet.

I curled in closer to him, careful not to wake him. I watched him as he slept, completely and totally in love with both him and the moment.

John eventually began to stir as his heart rhythm changed. I let my fingertips drag along his chest to show that I was awake. I could feel his smile, not even needing to look. "Morning sunshine," his morning voice was rough and slow. I rolled so that we were facing each other in bed, looking into each other's eyes. "How did you sleep?" He asked, his hand wrapping around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Very well," I replied, resting my forehead against his. "The sex might have helped with that," I added. John started laughing, his eyes lighting up with affection. "Was that all it was good for?" He teased, kissing me lightly. "Of course not, darling." He just chuckled again, kissing my forehead.

"So, my wonderful husband, we are in Paris."

"Indeed we are," I interrupted, giggling as a wide grin broke out on his face as he rolled his eyes. "So, what may I ask, have you planned?"

I'd planned out the whole week so that we could do the all of the big tourist attractions this week while still having a sufficient amount of time to rest. And do other things...

"Well, today I was thinking that we could go to the Eiffel Tower, that's a must-see, so I was thinking we could go ahead and see that today. There isn't much more of a plan for today, I thought it might be fun to just explore the city a bit today, get to the majority of the tourist stuff after today." He nodded once, before kissing my cheek again.

"That sounds wonderful. I've always wanted to see Paris, and who better to see it with than my best friend, and love of my life," he pressed his lips to mine again, fingers trailing all over my body, slowly, lazily. I didn't respond, relishing his touch, craving more of it.

We ended up not leaving the hotel for another two hours, after finally freshening up. (AN: Yeah, because that's totally all you were doing.) We set out towards the Eiffel Tower, hand in hand.

It had been a few years since I'd last seen Paris, but it was just as beautiful as I remembered. The cobblestone streets were teeming with life. All different types of people were pouring out onto the street, shouting rapidly in both French and English.

John had a small smile on his face, staring up and around at the scenery. It was magnificent just to watch his expressions as we made our way towards the famous tower. His stormy eyes glowed softly with wonder as he gazed around at the city.

The gloomy weather didn't matter, even as cool raindrops pattered on our faces. It was no more than a drizzle, yet the whole city began to gain a hazy glow, golden and fuzzy at the edges. We never felt more than a few raindrops at a time.