XXIII

Anastasia

"So we got a call from the school today, says you slapped Lucas across his face yesterday." Mama said going through a rack of clothes. I sighed and did the same.

"So is that what you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked her. Mama nodded her head and grabbed a blouse and held it up eye level. "Its exactly what I wanted to talk to you about, and about the baby of course."

She shrugged. I was silent. "He spreaded rumors about me." I said. Mama nodded slowly. "And you slapped him?" I nodded. "Yup." I said popping the p at the end.

Mama shook her head. "You should learn some things from me." I told her. Mama chuckled and shook her head. "Not really." I laughed.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I grabbed it and instantly frowned when I saw a message from an unknown number across my screen.

: -"You can't find me even if you wanted to Ana..I wanted you to find what Lucas said about you...Or did he say it?🤔."

I clenched my teeth as soon as I read that message. "Ana..You okay?" Mama asked me. I nodded my head. "Yea I'm okay." I lied.

I looked around to see if I saw anyone familiar when I saw Jade walking out one of the dressing rooms. "Anastasia, are you alright?" My Mama said. I nodded my head.

"Yea I'll be right back." I said. "Where are you going?" She asked. I ignored her and walked over to Jade who was checking the sizes on her clothes.

"Jade."

I said out loud. She looked up and smiled. "Anastasia, how are you-" "Cut the shit." I told her. He frowned. "I know its you sending those texts, so just stop." She raised a brow. "What texts?" She asked.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, so stop before I beat your ass." "Is that a threat?" She asked folding her arms across her chest. "No its a promise, as soon as I pop this baby out I'm fucking you up." She scoffed.

"Right. Okay. So even in your baby's condition your willing to fight me?" She asked. I frowned. "How do you-"

"Zion told me everything, before we started dating we were friends and still are. So don't get in my way. I tried to be nice but your still the arrogant spoiled brat like everyone says you are."

I scoffed. "Wow. Your still holding onto him after he's been with me" She frowned and nodded her head. "Of course, its called love." She said. "Too bad he can never love you." I said. She was silent.

"Just stay the hell away from me." I said. I turnt around and walked back to my Mother who was watching me this whole time. "You okay?" She asked. I nodded. "Yea, let's go get some tacos."

💎

I opened the door and saw Zion standing in the doorway. "You wanted to talk?" He asked. I nodded and motioned him inside. "Where's your parents?" He asked.

"Out and Adam's at a friends house." I said closing the door behind him. He nodded and turnt to me. "So wassup?" He asked. I sighed and folded my arms across my chest.

"I saw Jade earlier today." I said. He nodded. "So?" He asked. "Did you tell her about the baby?" I asked him. He frowned. "Did you tell her we almost lost the baby?" I asked him.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. I scoffed. "I don't care what you do on your free time..Especially with Her but leave my baby and I out of it."

"There isn't anything going on between us..We're still friends." "I dont care about that, dont tell her our business." I said. Zion held his hands up in defense. "No problem, I'm sorry." He said.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch. "You can leave now." I said dismissing him. He smacked his lips. "So you just gonn' kick me out?" He asked. I nodded. "That's the idea."

"And you dont want me to stay? Why?" "Cause I don't want you to." I said simply. He scoffed. "Your mad at me?" He asked. I was silent. "Anastasia."

"Okay maybe? But I don't care anymore. Go back to your girlfriend." "So your jealous?" He asked. I slightly rolled my eyes. "Hell no." "Your mad at me cause I still talk to her huh?" He asked.

I was silent. "Fine if it makes you feel better I won't talk to her anymore." "I said I don't care." "Thats the thing...I don't believe you. You keep saying you don't care when you really do."

"Why do you have to make a big deal out of this?" I asked looking up at him. "Just admit that it bothers you-" "Fine! It does, but like I said whatever y'all do is your business. Not mine."

He smirked but I just rolled my eyes. "Now was that so hard?" He asked. "Ugh you get on my nerves." I mumbled. He smiled and sat beside me pulling me into him. "Leave me alone." I said.

He grabbed my waist and laid on my chest. I tried to get him off of me but he was too heavy. We stayed in the position for a couple minutes before I broke the silence between us.

"Are y'all really not doing anything?" I asked. Zion looked up at me. "I swear." I nodded slowly. "Now you know how I feel when you was with Lucas." He said. I smacked my lips.

"It was nothing serious, we never slept together." He was silent. I frowned and looked at him. "You don't think I actually slept with him did you?" I asked. "Yea I did at first." He said.

I scoffed. "Well unlike someone I haven't been sleeping with anyone since you." He smacked his lips. "Go ahead and throw my past in my face, I know what I did." I shrugged.

"Just saying." I mumbled. "Whatever." "Anyways, I got another text while I was at the mall." I said. Zion shot up. "What he say?"

"Basically that he'll never let me go." I said. He frowned. "And that he/she wanted me to think it was Lucas so I'd see what he said..Or if he even said it." I said.

"So he probably didnt even say those things about you?" I nodded. "Exactly." He bit down on his bottom lip. "I'm gonna get you a new phone-" "Oh like that's gonna work." I said cutting him off.

"No let me finish" He said. I sighed. "We'll get you a new phone and number but we keep your old phone. They'll be texting your old phone but you'll really be using your new phone." He said.

I nodded. "Okay that could work, and we'll have Ben set all of our phones up so we wouldn't get hacked." Zion smiled and thought it over. "Yea I'm sure that'll work."

Jade

"You promised I'll get him back." I said. He sighed and poured some sugar in his coffee. "And you will..You just have to be patient with me.

You want Zion and I want Anastasia we'll both get who we want." He said simply. I took a deep breath. "I hope your plan works because I'm impatient." He nodded his head.

"Oh it'll work, then you'll make your move on Zion and separate them from each other." He shrugged. "And what about the baby?" I asked. He smirked.

"Let me worry about the baby..I said I'll have them separate from each other. Permently." I slowly frowned but then put a smile on my face. "Good."

--------------------------------------------------