PROLOGUE

Jayson Adams. A 16 year old American lad with jet black hair swept aside, jaw lines that can cut an apple and cheekbones to die for. As if these features aren't enough, he also has dark emerald eyes that stand out in contrast to his perfectly tanned skin. Everything about him is nearly perfect and it is completely normal for girls to swoon over him. But, there is one thing they don't know and it is that, he has been battling partial Catatonic depression.

Catatonic depression is a state of stupor or unresponsiveness in a person who is otherwise awake. Symptoms that accompany catatonia can include rigidity, staring, withdrawal and inability to speak due to extreme anxiety.

This is the reason he doesn't talk at all in public, does his work when needed, and has practically no friends. All of which has been eating him alive since he was eleven, even though he is now used to pretending that everything is dandy as a candy.

Since his past two years in Western Abbey High, he has never gone to high school parties, never touched alcohol and has never done anything rebellious.

Now, you might be wondering why the teachers of his school never came forward to his help? Well, because to them he is a completely normal, a brilliant even, high school student as he has maintained a perfect grade in his school academics.

But, his family is a completely different story; a little pathetic, if you ask me. When his mother discovered that he isn't a normal child, she was baffled. She did everything under the sun to prove that her son is just trying to draw attention. But, on the other side, his father had no such issues. He loved him like he would have if he was normal, and treated him the way every child deserves to be treated.

Maybe that is the reason why Jayson is comfortable to talk, even though very little, to him. Jayson rarely cracks a smile, but nods in agreement or shakes his head in disagreement, when his father converses with him. Just the fear of saying something wrong, prevents him from speaking at all. It is as if he wants to open up, but something is stopping him from doing so. He is even comfortable with his elder sister, Johanna, who is always trying her best to get him to open up, but also knows when to stop pushing too much.

Heather Banks. A 16 year old British girl with slightly pale skin, dark blond naturally wavy long hair, just the average jaw lines and cheekbones, toned body and striking blue eyes that stand out in contrast to her pale skin. It looks as if the ocean and a clear sky would have been jealous of the blue of her eyes. She has a supportive friend circle. She is not exactly a rebel but knows how to keep her stand and make herself heard. Besides, it is not a secret that she has a fair amount of boys after her but she knows how to decline them in the most polite way, making herself clear to them that she isn't up for any relationship yet. But as nearly perfect Heather is, she doesn't have that much of a perfect life. Her parents got divorced when she was 15 and her life has been rocky ever since. Her mother keeps trying to contact her despite Heather's refusal and since the last few months, this thing has been taking a toll on her academic career and her dad has been really worried. Mr. Banks is a member of the Secret Intelligence Service, MI-6. However, he does only their computer work and there has been a talk about him being needed by the British Embassy located in America.

Thus, life has been pretty hard on both of them. But, what will happen when both the worlds collide in a quite unusual way? Will that be for good or would it worsen their life further more? Whatever happens, we must always remember- there is always a reason why we 'stumble' upon certain people. Either our life needs certain changes or we need to be the change in their life.