Chapter 2: Look at Where We Are

August 6, 2016...opening night on broadway or "the present" (this story will take place as if this time is the present, also I believe that's the correct date)

"I'm so nervous" Pippa whispered quietly, she was pacing back and fourth alone. "You'll wear out a line in the floor if you continue like that Betsey" Lin said, she jumped and spun around to find him leaning on the door frame. Full costume of course, she was too and it wasn't like she hadn't seen him in costume before but she noticed her looked handsome or rather... more handsome.

   "Pippa...Pip where'd you go?" He asked waving his hands around her face. She snapped from her thoughts, he was much closer then he was a few seconds ago. "Crazy. Want to come?" She responded, he chuckled. "Already been sorry" he joked, she giggled. Her nerves forgotten as they talked until it was call time.

She breathed heavily. "Pippa come here" he beckons in the wings. She walks over, he takes her hands in his and holds them up to his chest. "It's just like any other show, imagine we are down at the public or better yet... imagine it's just you and me." He says she closes her eyes. "You and I are practicing all our songs to the empty chairs, were singing and dancing... and laughing. Lac is getting frustrated but is playing the piano happily. We're smiling, you are smiling. And I'm there for you" he says, she smiles. "Now the chairs aren't empty but they're opinions no more matter then the empty chairs, we're still singing and dancing but now people are signing with us. Lac isn't just playing the piano he's conducting the orchestra... we have a orchestra how cool is that!" He says, she giggles and opens her eyes. "And I'm still here for you, and I always will be" he says, she hugs him tight.

As she takes her place she feels better. "How are you so calm right now?" Reneé asks practically having a panic attack and Jasmine trying to calm her down. "I talked to someone, come" she beckons, she hugs her fellow sisters. "We're going to be okay, it's no different from any other show" she said as they went onstage.

It really was no different from any other show for Pippa. She still watched Lin with great love and admiration. She wishes every amorous gesture was more then staged but it's not, and watching him makes her smile, for no reason other then she's in love. She makes him smile for no reason, and he makes her happier.

A/N comment thoughts 💭