Chapter 7: Fire Escape

"Slumber party!" Lin sang in his most obnoxious voice. He kicked his door open with Pippa in his arms bridal style. "Don't drop me! Ahhhh" she squealed hiding her head in his chest. "I'm not going to drop you Pippa" he laughed, he dropped his bag as well as hers. "Where to m'lady" he asked, she pointed to the couch. "My kingdom" she responded kicking her legs. He carefully set her down on the couch. "Why thank you"she said, he bowed and headed to the kitchen. "Wine?" He asks. "Please" she responds.

    He pours two glasses, he's sure they'll go through the bottle. "Hungry?" He asks, she takes a moment. 'You fat whore' plays in her brain. "I'm good Lin thank you" she replies. He comes back over handing her the glass. She takes a big sip and smiles. "Merlot?" She asks, he nods. "Do you have a fire escape?" Pippa asks, Lin smiles. "I do, shall we watch the sunset?" He asks, she nods excitedly.

   The take a spot on the fire escape, he leans against the building and she leans on the corner of the railing, her legs over his. "Lin" she says, he looks over. Her heads back and her eyes are closed, she looks beautiful as the last of the sunlight radiates her features. "Yes Pip?" He asks, she breathed in. "I wish I had a boyfriend like you" she says, he smiled. "Am I just that great?" He jokes, she giggles. "Well yes actually, you care about me and treat me incredibly and we've only known each other so long but when I talk to you I feel like we've been friends forever" she says, he smiled but at the same time wishes she knew the scale of what she was saying.

   "Pippa, one day you're going to find someone so much better then Adam. A man who treats you like a queen, who kisses your head at night. A man whom makes you feel safe and loved" he says staring up into the sky. "I think I already have..." she says quietly. "What was that Betsey?" He asks, she panics for a second. "I said...the uh... sky looks pretty" she said, he nodded. "It does, I could spend hours out here" he says, she looks over. He's entranced with the colours of the sky. She loved his ability to find beauty in everything, the way his kind eyes were so...kind.

  She took her legs off him and moved beside him, leaning on his side. "Lin...will you...hold me?" She asked shyly. "You don't have to if you don't want to!" She suddenly blurred out, he chuckled. "Come here you big doof of course I'll hold you" he said pulling her between his legs, she leaned back onto him and his arms went protectively around her. Protecting her from what? Well... all the things that could hurt her. He didn't want anything to hurt her.

   "Will you show me another constellation?" She asks, he smiles. "Of course, wait here" he says carefully pushing her forwards and getting up, climbing back in the apartment. She suddenly misses the warmth. Two minutes later her comes back out with the bottle of wine, a hoodie and a blanket. " here put this on, it's gets cold out here" he says, she stares. Why was he so kind to her? What did she do to deserve this?. "It also works as pyjamas, I'll find you some sweat pants later" he said, he took her straight from the theatre to his place. He had no intentions of letting her find out what Adams plans were so all she had to wear is what was in her dance bag which other then what she wore was a tank top and shorts. She had put that on but the night air was chilly.

   She slipped his sweater over herself and leaned back onto him, once again he held her tight and placed the blanket over them. This was perfect. By midnight they had finished the bottle and by one they were just talking. "That's how hamilton came to be" he finished but didn't hear a response. Instead heard small, even, breaths from Pippa. He gently carried her inside and into his room. He pulled back the comforter and placed her down. Pulling it back up he kissed her head. "You're safe her love, I promise" he said and left her to sleep. Once everything was cleaned up he fell asleep on the couch himself.

   She hadn't slept so well in months...

A/N
Comment thoughts 💭 and also I had no time to proof read so I did my best. Hope it's not to bad