Chapter 1: Mysterious Girl

Five Year's Old

I pull my luggage behind me, as I make my way to my Dads mom's house which was small, the outside was a pale yellow with a white trim. I just got to America, from my hometown in London, the reason my parents moved here was unknown to me. Since, they only told me we were moving to America.

One Month Later

"Madson? Are you ready?" I hear my Mum ask.

"Yeah!" I shout, as I grab my bag and head downstairs. "I'm here!"

"Okay," she pause and looks around for someone. "You can meet your Dad out in the front, I have to find your grandma." She says and walks off.

I head to the car where I saw my Dad putting the luggage away. I ran towards him hugging his waist, "Dad! Where are we going, now?" I ask him.

"Hey, Madson. We are going to move to Missouri, because Mum found a house for us there." He says, trying to make it easier for me to understand.

"Ohh," I say making an 'O' with my mouth, as I giggle. "Okay, does that mean I have to make new friends?" I ask him, I can see a smile appear on his face as I step back releasing him from the hug.

"Yeah, but the more friends you have the more you can be happy." He says. I nod my head, and give him my bag. He places it somewhere in the boot (trunk) of the car.

I walk to the car door and open it imagining what it's going to be like in Missouri, and who I'll meet or even be friends with.

Timeskip

We reach a nice house in front of a police station, and a church of some sort next to it. The neighborhood is very quiet, and I could see quite a lot of kids outside playing. I smile, as I could see myself making so many new friends here.

The car stops, and I get out instantly running up to the houses steps. So excited to see the inside, but of course I have to get my bags, so I run back to the boot to get them.

As I walk back, I see a girl? I tilt my head as I see her, she looks very odd, and not like most girls I would see. She wore light blue skinny jeans, a black shirt, and black converse. Her curly dark brown-ish red hair is in a high ponytail with some strands falling over onto her face, as her expression looks poker. She sits at the bottom of a tree in her front yard with a football (soccer ball) next to her, and cuts on her arms most likely from falling or something.

I shake my head, and walk over to the house where I see my parents waiting. I can feel eyes on me as I walk towards them, so I look towards the girl, and see piercing green-blue eyes on me. I blush and smile, as I see her look at me, but she rolls her eyes and gets up taking the ball with her, making me a bit sad for some reason.

I step inside the house and find it was big, but I'll get used to it with time, like my Dad says. I walk up the stairs and look for a room, but I didn't find a room I like. I close the door to the room I was looking into, and start to make my way towards the stairs, but find an almost secret door near them. When I open the door I see a nice size room, a closet, and a window that has a view of my backyard.

I look out the window, into the neighbors backyard to find the girl I saw under the tree. She's rude. She didn't even smile at me! I think to myself, as I hear a knock at the door.

"Hey, so, you like this room, Madson?" My Mum says.

"Yeah, I do!" I say with a smile, as I keep looking at the girl play with her football.

"Hmm? What are you looking at?" She asks, I can hear her shoes against the wooden floor.

I somewhat point at the girl. "Her," I say, "I saw her when I was getting my bag, I smiled at her but she didn't smile at me..." I say sadly.

"Oh," Mum says with a smile. "Maybe she's just shy?" She insists, but sounds unsure.

I shake my head, "No, when I was walking to you and Dad I could feel her eyes, and when I looked at her she rolled them." I say as I rest my head on my arms that lay on the window.

I hear my Mum laugh, "Well, maybe not everyone is going to like you, Madson." She says, I nod my head. "Okay, I'm going to bring up the rest of the things, want to help me?"

I look towards her, "Yeah! Okay!" I say, but before I walk towards her I take a final look at the mysterious girl, to find that she disappeared. I try to find her but I couldn't, so I walk towards my Mum. Hoping I could see her again.

• • •

Okay so this is my story of me and my best friend! This used to be on her account but since I have my own now, Ima post it on here! Anyways, bye!

Words: 918