Chapter 2: Many Questions

Saturday Afternoon

   It's Saturday, which means no school! So I ask my Mum if I could go outside, "Hey, Mum? Can I go outside?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen where she was grabbing ingredients for a BBQ.

"Oh, yeah, it's fine just be careful." She says with a smile.

Yes! I think to myself as I walk towards the front door. I step outside, and close the door behind me. I look around to see a few kids around a boy; he was chubby but tall, he is wearing khaki shorts and a blue shirt with shoes, they push him slightly and even punch him.

I see the girl from yesterday, comes up to the guys and push them roughly to the ground. The boy that was being pushed goes behind the girl, as she was a shield, from being bullied. The leader of the kids gets up from the ground and pushes her, but she holds her ground and doesn't move. Her face holds anger, and the leader punches her in the stomach.

No! I run over to the girl, but she lifts herself up and swings at the leader dead on in the face. Woah... was all I could think of as I see her beat up the boys.

The boy she protected, pulls her off of the kids. "Stop, Nena!" I hear him yell. She finally stops and looks over at the kids as they begin to get up, they have bruises, and cuts from her nails.

"You're crazy!" One of them yells, as they flee.

I look at the girl, to see her staring straight through me. I blush, and shuffle from leg to leg as she looks at me. I feel so uncomfortable under her gaze, but why? I thought to myself.

I see the boy step in front of her, "Hi, I'm Jesse." He says, as he extends his hand.

I smile, "I'm Madson, I'm sorry for not helping you out." I laugh lightly, I see the girl shake her head, and 'tch' in a disapproving way.

I frown. "Don't mind her, she's mean." Jesse says, as I nod.

"Okay, what's your name?" I ask the girl, but she turns and walks away from me.

"Told you, she's mean. That's my younger sister, her name is Nena." Jesse says, as he walk towards the football. Nena? That's her name? Sounds weird. "Do you like soccer?" He asks.

"Soccer?" I look at the football as I ask.

"Yeah, soccer!" He passes me the football, Oh this is an American thing.

"Oh you mean football, sorry I'm from London, so soccer for me would be football." I explain to him, but he tilts his head questionably.

"London? Where's that?" Jesse asks, but I shrug my shoulders not knowing how to answer the question. "Well, wanna play?"

"Yeah, sure, but what about Nena?" I ask him, Her name is so weird!

"She'll probably go to the park or something, she likes to wonder." Jesse says simply, as my eyes widen.

"Wonder?!" I exclaim, as I look around for said girl.

"It's fine, she usually comes back around six or something for food."

"But why? She needs to tell her parents!" I say worrying for a girl I didn't even know, "She can't be alone."

"It's fine, she knows this place better than anything. Don't stress Madson." He says simply with no worry whatsoever.

I nod, but I'm still worried for the girl, and her being. As I play football with Jesse, I feel uneasy about how he's so-so- I don't know the word. Not worried, maybe, I don't know. I'm just worried for Nena.