Chapter 1

"Where is he, I've been waiting for a hour." Emily was sitting out side waiting for her little brother to get done with his after school activity that he had told her would be done at 4:00. She looked up after hearing to school door open with that extremely annoying squeak that always hurt her ears to see her brother walking out of the school. When he got close enough she saw that his face was red like he had been crying. She started to get worried if people had been bulling him because he didn't have any parents. "What's the matter Max?" she asked him as soon as she saw his red cheeks. " I was kicked out of basket ball practice because I'm too small.", Max said, "every one else is taller than me and it's no fair that I'm the smallest one in my grade." Max started crying again. Emily had never seen Max cry this much, even as a baby Max was really quiet most of the time she thought he was sick because he never cried for any thing, and when she tried to get him to eat he would start eating and then she would go do something else but when she came back he was asleep and barely any of his food was gone. Several times she though he was sick and would take him to the doctors office but they said he was fine and sent them home with some medicines that would hopefully help his appetite but none of them ever helped. As he started getting older thought his appetite changed and he always seemed hungry. Most of the time when she would go in his room he would be eating something and she always wondered how he was still so skinny.

" Is that the reason they kicked you off the basket ball team?" she asked him. "Ya they think because I'm small that I wont be able to shoot any hoops or I would get trampled" Max said still crying. " You know what will make it feel better Max?" said Emily in a happy voice. " What?" said Max with a little hope in his eyes that told her that he was going to be fine. " I've made your favorite food spaghetti with chips!" she said even happier than before. " Really , YAY!" Max said excited most likely forgetting he was just kicked off the team that he had wanted to be in since he was a little kid. He hopped in the car and got his seat belt buckled and they left the school to go home.

A/N

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that this is my first story so it might be a little crappy. I cant up-lode that often because of school, but ill try my best. thanks for reading the first chapter. Bye Guys!