LONG AWAITED

Chapter 13

Guess who shows up like 2 years late with a slushie and a chapter? This guy. Thank you for all the supportive and sarcastic ;) (you know who you are) comments during my break.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Should I thank you two - Sting, Rogue?"

"No thanks needed, Sir. We were only doing our jobs!" Sting saluted. Oh no. Oh, why? Why me? Why's everyone's personality changing today? Why didn't Jellal contain Gajeel? Why were Sting and Rogue fully transformed already and not wanting to kill someone (or *cough* mate *cough*)?

Why were so many events happening today? Why was this day so unrealistically long? So many 'why's, but why?

"What." Was my effective response to get all of my internal questions turned into speech. It's like my mind is telling me to suffer.

"I understand you completely, Laxus. All your questions cannot be answered now, but as to why everyone is acting strangely, that's because of the Dragon Cycle." Rogue answered, in a monotone voice. Rogue was something, not a normal something, but something.

"Riiiiight, ok my brother has obviously gone insane. Besides that, have you seen the Fragment of Farosh's Scale? Its round, and shiny, and looks more like a stone than a scale. If we work as a team we can find it." Sting asked, stepping over Gajeel's still unconscious body to show his urgency. Unfortunately for him, I was still trying to understand what the hell was a Dragon Cycle ,if it was a euphemism to women I'm gonna get mad.

Getting mad, getting mad. Breath, Laxus, Breath. What calms you?

I heard a groan from my feet, ah Gajeel was awakening. Well, we can't have that.

"Ugh, what-" then I hit him in the back of the head, knocking him out. Sting and Rogue squeaked. Ahh, now I'm calm.

"I don't think I want to be on your team anymore." Sting whispered, staring down and the 'sleeping' Dragon man. He was just being over-dramatic.

"Good riddance, now, what's this about a scale stone?" I asked this was the first time I have heard about a Dragon scale. AS sting explained it, this 'Fragment of Farosh's Scale' was rare and extremely powerful. It had effects on Dragon Slayers - providing them with more power and strength, but had some negative effects for Dragon Slayers in Season - they would be weakened and the Season's effects and affects would be suppressed. It sounded like a contingency plan, perfect.

"Ok, but there's a catch." I agree simply.

"Wow, a catch? You bastard. It better not be anything too embarrassing or too dangerous or too expensive or too wasteful or too illegal or too legal or too sexual or too humiliating or too difficult or too easy. Mix it up a little." Sting glared at me with the rage of inner insanity and scrutiny.

"Come to the forest south of here, there's a shack where all the Dragon Slayers are staying during Season. SEASON."

"Ok" "Boring" They answered, one guess who's who.

INTERMISSION

GRAY'S POV

Annoying. Disruptive. Over dramatic. Insane.

I could go on. But I won't.

Once Laxus left, everybody returned to inside the Guild, Erza demanding everyone to rest and be on our guard. When are the Fairy Tail Guild not on their guard?

This 'Dragon Season' was fun for a while, I like living on the edge. But now I'm bored, and pretty much the only person who would entertain me was Juvia. UUUUGh, why me?

She was in the seat next to me, hands on knees and looking at the ground. All embarrassed for some reaso- DAMMIT WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES??

EXSIT INTERMISSION

Laxus' POV (again I'm sorry)

After directing the two brothers to the shack in the woods, I take a hold of Drago-Gajeel, flinging him over my shoulder uncomfortably because of the wings and ARMOUR. Why did the guy have to be so flashy?

... What to do. I could take him back to the shack, but I don't know if I can hold his weight while flying. Romeo was like a fetas, he didn't weigh much. But I don't know about Gajeel.

OK, Plan B then. That stone that Mira had. If she enchants Gajeel with it he would retain his common sense, or what he had left of it. But then I would be risking Levy's life.

But I also don't want to go into the Guild. That rock was very annoying loud. Buzz Buzz Buzz, I'm going to hear it in my dreams. UGH, woe is my life. Plan A is looking better right now, but then I have common sense...

"Laxus? I thought you left. What is that lump of metal on your shoulder for? I don't care, come inside, you're going to catch a cold or whatever." Gray told me, while wearing no clothes that hypocrite, and opened the door for me. Well, I guess fate is flirting with me.

I step inside, my wings grazing over some unfortunate souls heads as I walk, with Gray on my literal tail. "Hey! Watch the tail, I just got it."

Gray grumbled, retrieving his shirt from the steps near the door, "Wasn't my fault man... male-dragon."

The buzzing was getting louder, and more annoying. I think Gajeel could hear it too because he was starting to squirm. "Don't make me unalive you, tin can." I murmur. I look around the Guild Hall, noticing only a few eyes on me. Strange, I swear Erza would have made to Guild go into DEFCON 2 or something. There's Mira, behind the bar again, listening to Levy explain a book theory - Thanks, super hearing. She was polishing an over-polished glass and looking her beautiful self. Lifting my wings and flapping them down hard and strong, because I have those - why would I walk? - I jump over to Mira.

She was startled to suddenly see me in her face. "LAXUS! I thought-"

I cut her off, needing to get this over quickly. Metal mouth was starting to actually wake up and Levy was actually right next to me. "I need you to enchant this piece of metal with the Dragon-taming-calming-rock-stone-thing ... please." She was confused, of course. But stopped polishing her cup.

She help up the deformed cup, which now that I look at it closely was the stone, this woman has a problem with polishing things, and looking like she was deciding something. That was all well and good, but Gajeel. Was. Waking. Up.

"Ok, set it down. I'll enchant it, but promise it's for a purpose."

"Promise."

I drop Gajeel, relieving my arm of the pain, as Mira walked around the bar. Levy was leaning on the bar table, to get a better view of around my build. Because, you know. Wings. Pretty Majestic ones, may I add.

She stood in front of Gajeel, taking a deep breath in and psyching herself up for the, probably, very magic exerting spell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh Drago,

Mavis,

and oh heavens

A favour we ask

For The unsteady -

to be steady

The overwhelmed -

to be-"

IronDRAGONmanTM suddenly stirred.

Groan