9

"Play me something," Shawn said, handing me a guitar.
"What do you want me to play?" I asked.
"Anything," he told me, and looked at me admirably as I put the guitar on my lap.
"Well I just learned the Harry Potter theme for funsies," I laughed. He laughed too.
"Well I would love to hear it,"
I played the song, looking down at the guitar the whole time even though I didn't need too. I was so nervous to play in front of him, but I still managed to play it well enough.
"You'll have to teach me that one day, it sounds great," he told me.
I handed the guitar to him.
"Now you play me something," I told him. "Anything,"
"Hmm, how about Hearts Don't Break Around Here by Ed Sheeran?" He asked.
"I love that song!" I said. Its true, it was one of my favorites on the divide album.
He sang and strummed along to the first verse and chorus.
It was amazing how effortless it was for him to sing and play at the same time.
After singing, he looked up at me and smiled goofily.
"You like?"
"Yes, very much indeed," I giggled.

"Oh shoot, is it Friday?" I asked all of a sudden, remembering.
"Yeah, why?" He asked concerned.
"I have to film a YouTube video," I threw my hands up in the air. "Being a youtuber is hard," I pouted. He laughed to himself.
"I can help if you'd like," he said.
"Really? That would be perfect!" I exclaimed. His whole face lit up. Was he really excited to sing with me?

"We have to find a song. Lets look up some boy-girl duets," I tell him, sitting in one of the chairs at the desk. He sat in the one next to me, and got on the computer that was on the table.

"I hate you, I love you?" He asked.
"Eh, the boy part isn't that interesting," I shrug, "what if we do one of your duet songs? Oh wait never mind, that might look like you are replacing Camilla or Astrid," I giggle to myself thinking aloud. He laughed too.
"Ohh this is a good one, what about everything has changed by Ed and Taylor?" He said, sounding excited.
"I love that song!" I exclaimed.
"Everything has changed it is," he said. "Do you want to play the guitar part or should I?" I ask him.
"I don't care to, but if you want to go ahead," he told me, not looking off the screen.
"I'll do it, its always fun to learn a new song. Can you look up a tutorial for me?" I ask him.
"One step ahead of you," he turns the computer screen over to me to show that he already pulled up a youtube video. I nodded at him.
"Thank you kind sir," I said with a funny accent while walking over to get my guitar from its case. I sat back down and quickly tuned it.

It only took me about thirty minutes to learn the song, and shawn helped. He was super patient with me as I learned the trickier parts, and gave me high fives when I got each section down.
"Let me go get my backpack, it has my camera and laptop in it," I told him, handing him the guitar to hold and going to my room.
When I came back, I sat my backpack on the floor and got out my camera and tripod.
"Lets set up by the window, you know, for good lighting," I pointed to it. He nodded. He wheeled the desk chairs over to in front of the window, and I set up the camera.
"I think someone is texting you," he laughed, referring to my backpack that was vibrating like crazy.
I walked over to it and dug my phone out.

Cecilia: I JUST WOKE UP AND REMEMBERED THAT YOU ARE WITH SHAWN ASDFGHJKL

Cecilia: I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE WITH HIM

Cecilia: IS HE EVEN REAL????!!??

I giggled at my phone.
"Who is it?" Shawn asked.
"My friend. She can't believe that I am with you," I laughed.
"Well here lets send a selfie," he laughed as well.
He walked over to me and I held my phone up. We both smiled as I took the photo.
"She's gonna flip," I smiled at him.
"Most people usually do," he smiled back and scratched the back of his head.

Me: image IKR IM FREAKING OUT ON THE INSIDE TOO!!!

"Ok now that we are set up lets go ahead and film," he told me. I nodded in agreement.

He sat down in his chair as I started the video and sat in mine.
"Hello everyone! Its me, Rosemary, back again with another cover. Today I have a very special guest, and I'm sure you have never heard of him before, Shawn Mendes!" I said sarcastically. Shawn let out a little laugh. Before saying "Hi!" And waving to the camera.
Pulling the guitar close to me, I began to strum.
As we sang, it was like the rest of earth melted away and it was just us. At times we would look at each other and smile. I forgot how famous he was, I forgot about Jeffery, and all my troubles back at home. Instead, I focused on how smoothly our voices blended together, how I was hitting every note on the guitar, and how every time I hit a good pitch on my solo part, he would give a "killing it" type of look and vise verse.
It was just a perfect moment with a perfect guy that I would cherish forever.
When we finished the song, I high-fived him as he yelled "Yeah!"
I hit the stop button on the camera.
"We killed that!" I exclaimed.
"Hell yeah we did!" He replied with the same enthusiasm. We dragged the chairs back to the desk so we could sit and edit. I put my guitar on the stand, next to all of his before going over to sit down.
                                 ••••
"You want dinner?" He asked. We had just uploaded the video, and it was around 6.
"Sure," I nodded.
We both went downstairs and found our moms sitting down on the couch. It seemed like they were really hitting it off. They both had their phone out and were showing each other things, which is what moms do best.
"Whats for dinner?" Shawn asked.
"I was thinking we could order a pizza or something. Is that ok with you all?" His mom asked.
"Sounds great," I replied. Shawn and my mom nodded.
His mom smiled at us all and went to make the call.