18

"I did it Shawn, I did it!" I said to the phone. I had FaceTimed him right after the conversation with my mom.

"I'm so proud of you," he smiled. "What's going to happen now?"

"Mom said we will get a restraining order or something," I shrugged. I was still shaking.

"That's awesome," he said, genuinely happy that I was getting justice.

"So what's up with you?" I asked, carrying on the conversation. I don't want it to be all about me all the time.

"Well we left the cabin last night and I'm going to be at the house until tour starts," he said.

"Are you coming to Chicago on the tour?" I asked, wanting to see him when he comes.

"Yes! Maybe I can probably hook you up with some tickets," he winked at me. Even through the phone he had the ability to give me butterflies.

"I would love that," I smiled at him. He somehow had a way to always make things better.

He said he had to go, Geoff was waiting to go on a run. It was late, so I decided to go to bed.

-
I was on a roller coaster, going up the first big hill. Someone was next to me holding my hand, but I couldn't see who it was.

We went flying down the hill, my hair flowing behind me. We started going on a loop. When we got to the top, however, the car stopped and the person sitting next to me's seatbelt came undone, causing them to fly out and dangle from the top. They held on my hand for dear life, and I was finally able to see who it was.

"Shawn," the word escaped my mouth.
"Hang on, I've got ya!" I said louder, panicking.

He looked up at me with sad eyes and everything stopped. He looked pitiful, it ached me.

"Grab onto my hand! Quickly!" I yelled, offering my other arm. He didn't do anything; he was still just looking at me.

Suddenly I felt his arms go limp and I was the only thing stopping him from falling to his death.

"Shawn please," I begged, "don't leave me."

"I already have," he said, and let go. His limbs sprawled out as the force of the wind hit him from underneath.

"NO!" I was screaming bloody murder. I tried to shake myself out of the coaster, I had to help him. I had to go down there with him.

I felt someone crawl into the seat next to me. I have no idea how they got up here, or how they fastened the seatbelt.

I looked to my side and saw Jeffery, smiling at me with an evil smile.

"I've finally got him out of the way, he deserved to die," He told me, and leaned over the seats to kiss me, and I let him. I'm not sure why I did, but so much was going on and I was struggling to comprehend was was happening.

Suddenly I realized what I was doing, and I pushed him off me. All the blood was rushing to my head and I was starting to loose conciseness.

I looked down and I could see Shawn's lifeless body at the bottom of the track.

"NO!" I screamed. "NO! NO!"
-

"Rose, rose!" My mom was holding me. I woke up a little dazed. I must have been yelling in real life too.

"Mom?" I asked confused.

"What is wrong?" She asked panicky.

"I was just having a nightmare," I shook my head.

"What was it about? It sounded pretty serious," her face was full of worry.

"It was nothing,"

"Rose, tell me,"

I looked at her for a few seconds before talking.

"I was on a rollercoaster with Shawn, but it got stuck and he fell off and Jeffery took his place," I said, trying to remember it all. It was awkward telling my mom but I knew she would annoy me until I told her.

"Have you been having these nightmares regularly?" She asked. How does she always know what is up?

"Yes," I looked down at my lap.

She pulled me into a hug.

"It will all be ok, I promise," she said.

                                  ••••
"You want me to go to therapy?" I asked, shocked. "I'm fine!"

"I just want you to go a few times, to help with the bad dreams," my mom said gently.

I took a deep breath. Maybe she was right. If I want to forget about Jeffery, I would have to figure out a way to make the nightmares stop.

"I will go, as long as you give me the authority to stop going if I don't like it," I told her.

"Of course," she nodded, happy that I was agreeing with her.

"When will I start?"

"I've already spoke to a few, and I found one that can start seeing you in a few days,"

I nodded to show her I agreed and went to the kitchen to grab something small to eat, and headed back upstairs.