Chapter 13

The next day I get a text from Maddie. When I read it I was so surprised. The texted said Sorry about this Charles I am dumping. If you don't believe try text me back as soon as you get this text. I looked at it in surprise. I asked myself 'why would she do this to me? Why would she dump me?' And then I remembered last night. She told me she would dump me. Why didn't I try anything. Why didn't I. I text her back with Hey! Wyd? Do you wanna hang out? She returned the text with hell no boy! You broke my heart once and you will do it again. I bet you that. So go have fun with your other friends. Oh wait, I forgot you have no other friends. You fought a friend of your for me. Why did you do that? When I looked at the text I couldn't believe it she actually dumped me. And she made fun me. By saying that I had no more friends. She knows that I fought for her for a good reason. Why would she do this to me. Why would she. Why would she leave me? At a time like this? Why?

...

When I got to school I went straight for Cheyenne. "Hey Cheyenne." I say with a fake smile.

"What's wrong Charles? Why are you faking a smile?" She said while walking to me and and sitting down by me reaching for my hand.

"Because Maddie just dumped me. I don't know why she would do that to me? Why would she? Why would she do that to me Cheyenne?" I ask as I hold her hand.

"You poor thing. You fought for her. You lost a friend because you loved her. I don't know why she would dump you Charles. I don't really know why." She said and she was moving closer to me so there was no room between us. She was leaning her head on my shoulder and she said "I would never do that. I don't know she knows how lucky she was to had you as a boyfriend because you are protective and most of the other guys are afraid of you. Because of what you did to Drake." She lean in and kissed me on the cheek. I looked at her in surprise.

"Why did you just kiss me Cheyenne? Did you do because you feel sorry for me? Or did you did it because you like me? Cheyenne plz answer truthfully." I ask as I look at her in brown eyes. They look like Maddie's but they are brown not blue. I never noticed this part of Cheyenne. The part that is sweet.

"I kissed you because......" she trailed off looking down at our hands and she looked into my eyes. "I kissed you because I liked you since I saw you in......" she pulled her self closer so our faces are inches apart. "When I saw you in 5th grade. When you were shirtless. I saw your abs and your perfect tan." Then she kissed me on the lips and I kissed her back. We kissed for a few seconds but it felt like forever.

"I love you Cheyenne. I loved you since the first time we went swimming. When I dived in and saved you from drowning. I loved you since then." I say as we just sit there holding hands. Then I hear something right when Cheyenne kissed me again I heard a voice. The voice said 'Hey Cheyenne! What are you doing with Charles!' Then I turned around and I saw her. I saw her. I saw her, the first time in months. The one and only...