Chapter 19: The White Wizard

Aragorn, Autheil, Legolas and Gimli walked cautiously through the forest, Aragorn searched and traced the tracks while the others looked for any sign of the hobbits. A certain bush caught Gimli's eye, it was a beautiful, healthy green but on it's leaves were a deep black goop that looked like it had been splat on. The other three had stopped to see what was wrong. Gimli touched the black goop with his fingers. He smelt the dark liquid before tasting it. Gimli's face scrunched up and quickly spit out what he had tasted in disgust.

"Orc blood." he told them. Legolas stiffened a soft chuckle as he quickly turned to walk away. Aragorn looked down at the now different track "These are strange tracks." he whispered as he felt the ground.

"The air is so close in here." Gimli stated as he looked around at the trees.

Legolas looked ahead of them "This forest is old. Very old. Full of memory..." he paused and looked around with a frown "...and anger." he finished. All eyes widened as they trees around them groan. Gimli raised his ax in protection. "The trees are speaking to each other!" Legolas told them as he turned and looked for Autheil who was now at his side.

Aragorn turned to Gimli who was still holding his ax at the ready. "Gimli!" he whispered.

"Huh?" he asked.

Aragorn motioned for him to lower his weapon "Lower your ax." he told him. Gimli slowly lowered his ax while his lips formed an 'o'.

"They have feelings my friend." Legolas said to him. "The Elves began it; waking up the trees, teaching them to speak." he said in a voice that reminded Autheil of a voice that you would be being told a scary horror story. Legolas walked fruther ahead while Gimli looked around shocked. "Talking trees?" Autheil hide her chuckle and turned to follow Legolas. "What do trees have to talk about? Expect the consistency of squirrel droppings?" he muttered.

Autheil felt a shiver come up her spine and a uneasy feeling, like something was coming. Leoglas must have had the same feeling because his eyes widened as he searched the trees and listened. "Aragorn, something is out there." he said urgently.

Both Aragorn and Autheil walked over to him, standing on either side of him. "What do you see?" Aragorn asked.

Legolas' eyes shifted and then narrowed. Autheil followed his gaze, her heart beat starting t speed up. "The White Wizard approaches." he informed them in a whisper.

Gimli came and stood next to Aragorn as Aragorn closed his eyes for a second "Do not let him speak. He will put a spell on us." he whispered and the gripped his sword pulling it out just a little. Gimli tightened his grip on his ax while both Autheil and Legolas slowly notched an arrow into their bow. "We must be quick." Aragorn said, they nodded in understanding.

They all took in a deep breath before letting out a yell and turning around. Gimli threw his ax while both Legolas and Autheil shot their arrows at the bright figure who deflected all tree. Aragorn's sword grew hot and he was forced to drop it. Autheil pulled her wand out but before she could cast a spell she felt a familiar sting in her hand from a expiliaumus hex while her wand went flying towards the figure who caught it. The bright light shown all around them so bright they were having trouble to see. "You are tracking the footsteps of two young Hobbits." the wizard said.

"Where are they?" Aragorn asked.

"They passed this way the day before yesterday. They met someone they did not expect. Does that comfort you?" the stranger asked. Autheil she heard that same voice along time ago in the Great Hall of Hogwarts.

"Who are you?" Aragorn asked "Show yourself!" he shouted. The light dimmed down revealing Gandalf all in white. The others looked in astonishment. "It can not be." Aragorn whispered as tears came to his eyes.